Airtel Sux Big Time - Speed Problems since Past 1 year!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 17,912
They are already getting mass calls to CC :P.
I am sure that Regional Managers already know and also expect this.

Its not about their knowing it. Its about what their response to these mails would be. You could use these emails at a later date in court/print media etc. to highlight the issue.

hey guys any improvements , i think its time to switch over frm airtel ,any views comments

hey guys any improvements , i think its time to switch over frm airtel ,any views comments

Do you have options to switch in Greater Noida? I mean to ask - Is BSNL easily available? What is the wait period for new connection there?

well just enquired today, the dude said if port is available it will be within a week, the thing which is bothering me is whether emule and utorrent will really touch the 200 mark or not lets se :confused:

Excuse me if this is not an appropriate question. I am not an Airtel customer, but have an internet connection from my cable service provider, with 64kbps ul plan. I am always getting close to 55 - 60 kbps ul and dl. My friend is having a BSNL 2MBPS connection and he is constantly getting somewhere near 2MBPS. Why airtel is providing only 25kbps for a 256kbps connection? Whats the reason they are giving?

well just enquired today, the dude said if port is available it will be within a week, the thing which is bothering me is whether emule and utorrent will really touch the 200 mark or not lets se :confused:

Even if it reaches 150 even then its hell lot of improvement over Airtel's 23-24.

Anyway, did they say whether ports are available currently? Interested in Gr Noida status becoz I plan to move there next year.

Excuse me if this is not an appropriate question. I am not an Airtel customer, but have an internet connection from my cable service provider, with 64kbps ul plan. I am always getting close to 55 - 60 kbps ul and dl. My friend is having a BSNL 2MBPS connection and he is constantly getting somewhere near 2MBPS. Why airtel is providing only 25kbps for a 256kbps connection? Whats the reason they are giving?

You misunderstood. Its 25 KBps and not 25 Kbps
B = Bytes
b = bits
8 bits = 1 Byte

No problems here. On my 128k connection, I am getting 18-20 K during daytime and 36-40 after 11 :)

Good for you! Looks like Faridabad speeds have not been slashed. It seems that some parts of Delhi are unaffected too.
Noida, Greater Noida and Gurgaon are definitely affected.

This gives me hope. Lets hope things return to normal self everywhere.

I don't think he misunderstood. 256 Kbps = 32 KBps, and not 25 KBps. He's talking about the difference .i.e of 7 KBps.

well guys either we ditch airtel all together ,or say ask them to reduce 512 ul plan to 999,atleast we will be assurred of minimum 256 kbps speed,an does anyone now the pefomance of night unlimited on bsnl,/mtnl do we really get speeds in excess of 150 KBPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:O

hell this really sucks im in Vasant Kunj S. Delhi for the past few days my speeds like 8-12kbps i had really gotten used to 18kbps durin day n 33kbps durin nightI called the CC n the dumb guy told me accordin to my plan im gettin perfect speeds i asked him y was i gettin 18kbps before he gave me no clear answer and obviously he refused the night double thin i then asked him how the heck did airtel didnt notice that we were getting double the speeds at night if there is no such plan and how come such a big corporate didnt notice that we were gettin so much bandwidth for almost an year if its not within our plan ... surely 30kbps download speed was more then my 64-128kbps plan :whistle: again he had no answer dumb useless ppl , i really dont know if i should switch to anotha isp or jus waitoh yea before my speed decreased my modem automatically closed showin no data signal n opened again after 10 mins n after that i got this crappy speed same thin happen to some1 else too maybe my modem is fuked up too

Back