Airtel UL 499

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 21,423
hi kyrlyeah i read it before a month and i was shocked :confused:and they always blame on airtel but an educated fellows know tat its an individual's mistake :(who had given the wrong address and careles policemen's found dis mistake after a month:wall: they will not blame on the police officials coz these guys are COUNTRYBRUTE who blame tat airtel has done it:evil: no need to worry abt these guys coz they only know to shout and not to think abt the real facts.NO PROBLEM!!!

You mean to say Airtel is not responsible but some 'individual' working for them is? The information as to which client was allocated which ip during what time period is a critical one and has grave privacy implications. This is not to be given out like sweetmeats by anybody to anyone. And when the information is requested by the cops under a law which will result in some person going to jail, it becomes even more critical that the data is double checked before handing it over. Airtel cannot shrug off this issue claiming it was a mistake just like the cops cannot brush it under the carpet as a mistake. Since it is Airtel which provided the client's address based on the ip, date and time provided by the police, it has primary responsibility.

The engineer is suing both organisations and I hope he gets justice. Only then will people appreciate what freedom is all about. You should know that we are not staying in a despotic country but a democratic one. You cannot pick up people off the streets, jail them and then say it is a mistake.

And don't try to intimidate people by calling them uneducated and noobs. If you don't understand the issues involved, it is better that you don't comment on the same. If you do, that only goes to show your ignorance. That said, lightgreen49 should have probably seen that this news already has its own thread - https://broadband.forum/news-discussion/21538-techie-sues-airtel-police/.

Hey Greg

Thanks for sharing the info...and your thought...
but after this long discussion i would just want to ask guys not using airtel to lay off. This thread is for airtel customers... not for people who have some grudge with airtel......

SOme noob comes up and pastes the same link in all threads of airtel..and world cries foul.... hah!:P
Bottom line: Airtel is responsible for what happened to that guy...
and they should be made to pay.... even then they give much better in service than any ISP in India...
Here is an example of airtel's good service by Sushubh himself..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sushubh
Admin

https://broadband.forum/members/sushubh/

ISP: Airtel Broadband

Re: Airtel Broadband: saturday/sunday airtel down?

my net went down on friday. i called saturday morning. the cc girl told me that the problem would be fixed on monday. coz sat was a national holiday and sunday was a regular holiday.

for some weird reason, an airtel linesman arrived within an hour told me that he was working that day. fixed my problem within 20 minutes. he got 5/5 on his form from me for that exceptional service. very polite people they are nowadays.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now are we all SAVVY!!!:P

:thumbsup::yahoo::redface:

You mean to say Airtel is not responsible but some 'individual' working for them is? The information as to which client was allocated which ip during what time period is a critical one and has grave privacy implications. This is not to be given out like sweetmeats by anybody to anyone. And when the information is requested by the cops under a law which will result in some person going to jail, it becomes even more critical that the data is double checked before handing it over. Airtel cannot shrug off this issue claiming it was a mistake just like the cops cannot brush it under the carpet as a mistake. Since it is Airtel which provided the client's address based on the ip, date and time provided by the police, it has primary responsibility.

The engineer is suing both organisations and I hope he gets justice. Only then will people appreciate what freedom is all about. You should know that we are not staying in a despotic country but a democratic one. You cannot pick up people off the streets, jail them and then say it is a mistake.

And don't try to intimidate people by calling them uneducated and noobs. If you don't understand the issues involved, it is better that you don't comment on the same. If you do, that only goes to show your ignorance. That said, lightgreen49 should have probably seen that this news already has its own thread - https://broadband.forum/news-discussion/21538-techie-sues-airtel-police/.

It's a good plan for those peoples who want unlimited connectivity. but downloading speed is very slow. It's about 10 Kb/s..but with it u'll also get 100 Rs. voice calls. so it's a better and cheap plan in my view.I'm also using it....:thumbsup:

Yeah i agree my friend....
but then again its not a broadband plan is it.. so no point discussing it in the broadband forum too much.

It's a good plan for those peoples who want unlimited connectivity. but downloading speed is very slow. It's about 10 Kb/s..but with it u'll also get 100 Rs. voice calls. so it's a better and cheap plan in my view.
I'm also using it....:thumbsup:

sure kyrl ur right i think this thread should be removed from the BB forum :thumbsup:hw many times we say they will always post something rubbish:wall:actually we should not only blame on airtel :madness:they are giving these kind of plans:frown: coz some guys volunteerily change to this stupid useless plan:@

well, Instead think this way..!! why dont Airtel stop this plan and sell this 256Kbps plan at a reasonable price like 600 Rs or so...people will be more than happy....:cool2:

sure kyrl ur right i think this thread should be removed from the BB forum :thumbsup:hw many times we say they will always post something rubbish:wall:actually we should not only blame on airtel :madness:they are giving these kind of plans:frown: coz some guys volunteerily change to this stupid useless plan:@
I know srini that u r so rich so that u can afford those high speed plans (downloading freak) but u don't have any right to talk about peoples who r using these plans. It depends upon person to person what they want to do ........
so be happy with ur so called HIGH SPEED PLANS.....
UL 499:thumbsup:

well, if this 64kBps plan was of 199/- or 250/-, i too would have gone for it.. damn airtel..

I know srini that u r so rich so that u can afford those high speed plans (downloading freak) but u don't have any right to talk about peoples who r using these plans. It depends upon person to person what they want to do ........
so be happy with ur so called HIGH SPEED PLANS.....
UL 499:thumbsup:

so u will spend 499+Rs.70/-(TAXES)=570 so it comes near to 600 :wall:and spending a sum of 600 and getting such a slow speed is good for u ha:madness: in which u cant download anything in an faster way (transfer rate=10 kB/sec) :mad: i dont want to hurt u man then its ur choice staying in this plan:) u know one thing i am using UL-750 (256-kbps):whistle: think now y i had posted like this :Pits ur money dont waste it spending in an useless thing

Back