Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband's 100 Mbps DSL internet service

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 183
  • Views Views 48,386
Got a call from Airtel (bangalore number), since, I had signed up on the website for pre-booking. He confirmed that it wasn't available in my area - might take another 2-3 months - which is what they had told me 2-3 months ago :)
But, per this rep, upload speed would only be 512Kbps - which might be increased later. Not sure who is right

My current SNR for 16MBPS Plan of Airtel is 5.1

If I get the VDSL (V-Fiber), I'll be able to have good service since SNR is low?

I'm around 1000 meters away from Airtel's Exchange of my area.

Grrrrrr, Airtel hasn't reached us...and they are giving this offer in Chennai where i stay.

I had got a call about 2 weeks ago.... telling this scheme.. modem 200*5 months etc.. They promised speed upto 40 mpbs on same plan for which I am currently getting 8 mbps. I later got a confirmation call 2 days later, saying that we are activating the plan .. charges are 200*5 months for the modem, you will get 16 mbps now & later get upgraded to 40 mbps. I said beat it - call me when you are ready to give 40 mbps from day 1.

A bit shady this is from Airtel, they "Unofficially" started this thing off last week and got customers advance and are yet to provide connections to them. But now they are saying 3 months free for "New Customers"

I'm a new customer but I end up paying and don't get the connection any sooner either.

Another doubt is, existing customers it would work with copper lines. New customers would also be provided copper cables or Fiber?

I see all news reports saying new customers don't need to change their existing infra (copper wires) however the new customers bit is up in the air.

For what its worth, I applied for a connection after seeing an ad which claimed

"40Mbps Fiber internet Airtel"

Back