Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband's 100 Mbps DSL internet service

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 183
  • Views Views 48,386
I've been getting calls from Airtel since the beginning of September about migrating from 16mbps to 40mbps. But, it hasn't happened yet. And yes, I'll have to pay Rs. 1000 in 5 installments for the modem, if and when it's installed.

After waiting all this time, I wrote to 121 yesterday. In response, someone called me and said that there are some issues which will be resolved within 72 hours.

This morning, I got an e-mail saying "my top up (broadband surprises)" will be deactivated from the next billing cycle. I'm hoping they're preparing for said migration.

I signed up yesterday (location HSR Bangalore) and they called me today telling me it will take one or two months. I could not ask any questions as the caller was in super hurry and rang off saying "we will keep you informed"

I signed up yesterday too, no call yet.

Something tells me I won't be getting this upgrade...

meanwhile, bsnl has started offering fiber at my place. 150 per month is rental for the modem, plus regular charges.

100 GB fup . Post that speed will drop to 512 kbps
Even Act has better plans in chennai.
And 1500 non refundable fee.
Is this the way to take on Jio ?
Sorry Airtel.
Chennai has many unlimited ( no fup ) fiber players - you , weinternet ..
Why the hell would anyone choose Airtel ?

I signed up yesterday (location HSR Bangalore) and they called me today telling me it will take one or two months. I could not ask any questions as the caller was in super hurry and rang off saying "we will keep you informed"
Dang it..I live in HSR too :/

So I had received a call yesterday. Airtel guys told me my area isn't getting Vfiber for another 2/3 months. They'll call me once it launches.

Let's see....

Back