Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband's 100 Mbps DSL internet service

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 183
  • Views Views 48,386
A friend in delhi also got tot upgrade to v fiber. Airtel just asked for 1k for the modem, and speed went to 40MBPS in the same plan (i.e. same cost/fup)

Same cost and FUP ..so you just end up getting FUPed sooner than you normally do ??

He had a 150 gig FUP originally, and he probably won't finish it until he streams 4K..

2Mbps can easily cross 150gigs in a month..but if you normally don't and are trying to burn gigs and reach your FP then might be a good upgrade ..

Got a call from airtel about their v fiber connection ₹ 1399 100gb upto 40Mbps speed and post FUP 512Kbps. But now the ₹ 200*5 months for the modem scheme is not available apparently, you got to pay upfront. Apparently only the modem they provide is compatible. What kind of modem is this? I have an Linksys e4200 lying at home won't that work? The post FUP speed if 512Kbps puts me off from taking this plan . I also asked them if this plan was available on the website, the customer service representative said not yet.

Isn't VFiber basically a VDSL connection? If so, a different modem might be needed.

Got another call same offer 1000 for modem, speed increased from 8 mbps to 40 mbps. I intend to call up Airtel directly & consider going for it, if they confirm it.

On 8 mbps I am on 75 GB plan & I use 40-50 GB... Dont think 40 mbps is going to make me go crazy & use it all up in even a week.

Last edited:

Back