Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband's 100 Mbps DSL internet service

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 183
  • Views Views 48,386
This is probably a local agent who has printed his own pamphlet (So mostly Anna Nagar/Kilpauk/Shenoy Nagar I guess). Maybe you can try asking him for a reference, as he may have contacts as well.

On my side, I am confused. The sales teams/Agents are saying 40 mbps is there, Customer care says not. I am having 75 GB data, new users being offered 190 GB. I am thinking if I should get a new connection in family members' name & then disconnect the old one:openedeyewink:

Meanwhile, continuing my story. I called up customer care & then shot off an email now - asking to stop being harassed for this upgrade unless they can give me an assurance in email that 40 mbps plan will be provided. I have asked for all plans available for me.

Thanks mhsabir for the information, i called an agent who posted similar pamphlets in our area. He said he will check and come back. But it has been 2 months and no call from him :D

Ok, So its a 100 GB bonus for 3 months.. After that, 90 GB @40 mbps? Still ok, I guess. But I am irritated by the lack of co-ordination & also I am stilling being offered only 75 GB (I get 80 GB because of having an Airtel postpaid).. So I am expected to pay 1000 for 8 mbps->16 mbps with 5 GB knockdown, which I am not interested in as my usage does not warrant it, I feel.

Two months back i threatened to leave Airtel and ask them to increase my FUP. They offered 75GB+15GB as smartbytes. From this month my 75 GB FUP increased to 90 GB autmatically.

FYI

I opted to get the vdsl upgrade as soon as they launched, and got the modem installed on 7th Nov. Until now (11th Dec!) the speed continues to be 16mbps and the modem runs on adsl. I have a month long ticket pending at cc in which they continue to write back that it will be resolved 'soon'.

That 'soon' hasn't come yet. I'm constantly checking the price included in my monthly invoice to make sure I'm not paying for the modem until the upgrade is actually done. So far they haven't billed me yet.

I'm guessing they're tired of the competition and are trying to retain customers by falsely getting them to upgrade even when the upgrade itself cannot be done for a few weeks or months.

Are they "selling" it or is it the installation cost? Either way I expect service tax extra.

Got the V-fibre plan in janakpuri, new delhi.
I was previously on 16 mbps upto 60 GB for 1199 , got the same plan upgraded to 40 mbps with installation of new router huwawei hg360a. Installation was done within a day.
Download speed - 40.35 mbps
Upload speed- 17.89 mbps

Back