Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband's 100 Mbps DSL internet service

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 183
  • Views Views 48,388
Upload speed- 17.89 mbps???. Did you give a request or was it offered ?

I first called 121 but they said they can only give 40 mbps upto 35 GB
So i just tweeted airtel that i want to be upgraded to v -fiber on the same plan (40 mbps upto 60GB)
I was contacted by their broadband team the very next day and they installed it and everything is working fine right now.
I have attached link to my speedtest screenshot.
Link :
Source

view

Last edited:
Got the V-fibre plan in janakpuri, new delhi.
I was previously on 16 mbps upto 60 GB for 1199 , got the same plan upgraded to 40 mbps with installation of new router huwawei hg360a. Installation was done within a day.
Download speed - 40.35 mbps
Upload speed- 17.89 mbps

Shouldn't upload be restricted to 2 Mbps? Airtel was doing this on VFiber iirc.

Update - i am unable to check my usage after v-fiber
Smarty bytes isn't working it just shows error.

Use the MyAirtel app to track usage, works fine.

The engineer who came to install told me that upload speed is half the download speed and said i will easily get 20 mbps upload speed.

Nope , i still can't track my usage.

AFAIK, the max upload speeds on VDSL that can be achieved are b/w 14-16mbps and that too if you are just 100-200 metres from the DP. These look more of FTTH speeds. Might be something new that has been around and i might not be aware of it.

Did you fill in form to get vfiber upgrade? I am also from janakpuri, filled online form but no call or response whatsoever.

Nope , i didn't fill any form.
From my past experiences with Airtel , their social team is better than their customer care (121).
Just go to twitter and tweet saying that you want to be upgraded to V-fiber and 121 is declining ur request for the same plan to be upgraded to 40 mbps.
They will call you and then make the broadband team contact you.
Mine was installed within a day from the time i tweeted to them.

Cool I'll try that. Hope they continue the static ip thing to vfiber also. 40mbps true ul would be awesome.

Back