• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 847

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
I have recently shifted to new location. Builder had given NOC to Airtel (as of now). Airtel person was contacting all residents for new connection.
I also called him for new connection. While he came for KYC, he mentioned that Fiber broadband is only offered as Postpaid - Airtel Black Plan. There is no prepaid option. Since I had no choice, I took connection by paying Rs 3300 which gave me 3 months of 899 plan with 100 Mbps and DTH with 350+ channels. Installation, Router and STB was free with this plan.

Since I have read some negative reviews about Airtel Black Plan on this forum, I wanted to know whether Airtel really doesn't offer Fiber broadband as Prepaid ⁉️

Regarding DTH, with my earlier prepaid connection, I had flexibility to add/remove any channels. But now all channels are fixed and cannot remove any channel even if nobody from my family watches those. But if I have to add any channel, it would be charged extra. I tried to all Free channel, yet it displayed in summary that my monthly rental would increase by Rs 50 :oops:
Further after reading T&C in detail, I read that if I try to remove/modify any services (like DTH), then STB would be charged extra in next billing.

I guess I am stuck with this plan for next 3 months. After that I will try to unbundle DTH.

Prepaid airtel is only lco areas I think 🤷🏼

My area has always been postpaid. Though I suppose I can prepay for a few months to get some discount on higher plans? Though can't see that option in app right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK
@User007 Not sure, need to check. All channels that I can view are having selected mark with greyed out, meaning I cannot remove.
And adding any channel increases monthly price, even if I select free channel.

@SVK IIRC prepaid is only available certain areas. Majority of the places its postpaid.

For changing the channels, you need to follow the steps here - Airtel broadband lite (standby) plans
You can then get the base pack, and add only the channels that you want. The discounts would still apply, just need to make sure you stick to the allocated DTH amount as per the plan.

Also, the Rs 3300 is like an advance deposit, you can change plans anytime you want.

Also, just to add that in case someone doesn't want dth at all like me and was lied to by the airtel sales executive that without DTH you can't the 4k STB hence can't access their OTTs service included in your plan. This is a blatant lie you can definitely just get the fiber + STB + all the relevant OTT inclusions since you pay the 3300 advance payment without any h/w or installation or the laughable activation charge. It was written on the goddamn flyer in the fine print. I have since contacted to waive all dth related shit let's see how that goes....

Also since I converted 4 prepaid sims to postpaid I still get to retain my black status which is f$rk all anyway as the best way to communicate is via email imo. SRs get closed with no resolved comms.... Priority 1 min phone support is mostly hit and miss.

@MrGordon for the anytime plan change tip even I hadn't considered that. You can basically downgrade or upgrade anytime and since it's all postpaid you just get am adjusted bill yeah?

Cheers

Reactions: SVK

Back