Amazon AppStore coming to Blackberry OS

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,331
Whoa. That could be huge. But again. Not all Android apps are known to function butter smooth. So, I would say need to be bit cautious.
But then, question remains. Anybody around, who still cares?

BlackBerry unveils app licensing deal with Amazon - The Globe and Mail

Coming to the next version of Blackberry.

BlackBerry has signed a deal it says will bring some 200,000 Android apps to BlackBerry users before the end of the year.

The smartphone-maker announced early Wednesday morning that it is partnering with online retail giant Amazon to give BlackBerry smartphone users access to Amazon’s app store. The licensing agreement takes effect this fall, and is timed to coincide with the release of the latest version of BlackBerry’s operating system.

BlackBerry’s Amazon deal goes beyond applications, and appears to signal an admission on BlackBerry’s part that its own content strategy has failed to gain traction. Under the licensing agreement, BlackBerry users will also be able to download music and video content through Amazon’s store – BlackBerry’s own video and music stores, however, will be shut down as of July 21.

Whoa, you have a Q10 & a Z30.
To be honest, if I was in the market for getting a smartphone for myself, the upcoming Z3 would have been in my radar, more so because of this news.

Yes I had z10 too in the begging. Z3 is also on my radar
Z3 is coming on 25th June.

Err.. next version meaning. All the existing ones will not get an update?

Back