And why again is Airtel better than Jio?

• Thread starter Thread starter aakshey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 14,146
Well in simple terms with a CG NAT is basically the main router to which your ONU is connected and you cannot change anything in the main router. So you cannot open any ports. P2P gaming is gone (especially on XBOX/PS/PC games which need open NAT type). You won't be able to host anything on your network (which is accessible from the public internet).

Can read more here: Carrier-grade NAT - Wikipedia

AT&T NY 49 ms

Well in simple terms with a CG NAT is basically the main router to which your ONU is connected and you cannot change anything in the main router. So you cannot open any ports. P2P gaming is gone (especially on XBOX/PS/PC games which need open NAT type). You won't be able to host anything on your network (which is accessible from the public internet).

Can read more here: Carrier-grade NAT - Wikipedia

What do you mean by P2P Gaming? No COD Online Multiplayer you mean?

does the routing vary from society to society? I’m in Delhi.

it depends On the congestion in your area OLT. If more users are connected then in some cases you might get little bit extra ping and jitter. Also depends on the router you are connected to.
Use either ethernet cable or if on wifi then 5ghz band

edited post

In our society, Airtel Fiber was only launched 9 days ago!!

When on the Gigabit plan I would get D 350 U 900. So I changed to 300 plan and I get D 350 U 300-350. But now in the app I see no reason to go back to Gigabit, why is that?

What do you mean by P2P Gaming? No COD Online Multiplayer you mean?
Well, some games (unlike CSGO, COD, BF which are played on an external server) like Assassin's Creed Unity (only remember this as of now) need an open port for you to invite other players in your game. Which is not possible in a CGNAT based network. With a CGNAT you can only join other players in their games and not host your own.

You can get an idea of this issue by searching "get open nat" on google and you will find multiple people having issues with different games because of a closed NAT/CGNAT

Back