Apple iPhone 15

so what is the charging speed they are supporting on the iPhones on usb-c?

as usual, Apple does not seem to mention anything. only thing i could find was that these new models would charge to 50% in 30 minutes on their existing 20w usb-c chargers.

Last edited:
well. one speed is the max the phone supports like 25w in case of most samsungs. actual charging speeds would be different at different stages of charging. lower the charge on the phone, higher would be the charging speed. it slows down as you get close to 100% to prevent heat.

you can of course measure charging speed using a device in between the charging cable and the phone.

ZV4hjOG.webp

Reactions: SVK
i mean their macbook air charges at around 35w. google also sells a 30w charger but the latest pixels support like 20-23w at max. plus ipads have also used usb-c for a while now. and if your dual port charger is rated for 35w... it's likely that if you use both ports at the same time, it is essentially 20w+15w for the two ports. plus their lightning cables have used usb-c chargers for a long time now. so nothing much has changed on the charger side. i am guessing they are keeping charging capacity low to prevent heat and damage from low quality chargers people might end up using. their batteries are already small in size compared to most androids so it does not really matter in the end. Apple is not competing with the likes of realme type companies boasting about 75w/100w/even-more!!! charging speeds on their phones.

Last edited:
5800 rupees for this charger lol.

and they do not even highlight the charging division if both ports are used.

Yeah it's likely 20w or maybe even 25w on the pro model. Anyways still a good update which gets rid of the lightning port. i actually started keeping a cable at home for folks visiting who did not carry their own cable with them.

Back