Apple iPhone 6

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 11,488
A friend said to me - The iPhone wasnt the biggest thing that Apple got it right, the App Store was... And on thinking aloud, I feel he is right.@admin - What stuff are you quoting from :blink3:

mmm. to be fair, there were app stores before Apple launched their own. they might be making a lot of money from their app store. but it is the hardware that make billions for them. of course, the trump card was charging 30% of all sales which was something that was not the case with previous app stores. but even then, i really down the 30% margin from apps is that significant compared to the sales of iPhones and ipads.

Yes. I am not saying they were the first app store, just like they were not first touch screen device. But the point is that only with a touchscreen device they would not have had the success they did. Its the App store that got them going. And today you would agree that its the eco-system which includes the store that would make an OS click.I am not measuring their profits. I am just saying that getting the right/enough content for their device helped the sales. Kind of how the Amazon bookstore helps the sale of Kindle.

hard to say. when they launched the iPhone. people were surprised at the lack of apps. symbian and windows mobile allowed third party app installation. most believed that Apple would keep it restricted to their own apps. but i guess, they realized the potential in a locked platform with an app store that they controlled completely. so either they had planned for it all along. or they saw the demand in the market and conceptualized it after the launch. in any case, they created a brand new market and i am sure there are (hundreds of?) thousands of people who are today making their living developing mobile apps for various platforms :)

But a lot of people needed to search the web or be aware where they can get good apps that would "suit" their device. Apple gave them a search click and install thing through itunes/mobile which helped less techie users

@admin - What stuff are you quoting from :blink3:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1z8gCZ7zpsQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=42s

I think App stores are being ubiquitous. Play store surpassed the App Store. Windows is catching up fast. BB will. Average users are able to find the apps no matter what the ecosystem is.In coming days, OS based features will be the mantra of success.

lol. if that was the case, people would not be nuts about iPhone even today. people do not always go for the best value or the best platform. if they did, lots more people would have heard about the thing called linux.

But the whole point I am saying is that initially we are looking at click-n-install being a major boost for them.

Back