Apple Media Event September 10 2013

The thing is that no one ever complains about performance issues on Apple devices. They just work. And work well. So, it's not like you are going to see major improvements in your daily usage apps. Games of course are another matter.

But the iPhone 5c which they claim to be 'cheap' is too damn costly. 549 USD for 16 GB = 35k + import duty = around 38k. I can spend a few bucks more and buy HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 for 37k! Speculation was it could cost as low as 299$ or 349$. Well that would've shot the stocks of Apple up and sales would rocket!

chromaniac said:
The thing is that no one ever complains about performance issues on Apple devices.
Do you have a apple product? I guess no. But if you do, check out iOS 7 on iPhone 4 (8gb rev) and don't reply me with a bullshit reply saying, iPhone 4 is old. If apple has listed that iOS 7 will support, iPhone 4 then it should ofcourse support it. No matter the specs. I don't mind not having features like siri and other stuff, but atleast it shouldn't hang ? Even if we keep the girlish shitty look aside of iOS 7, it doesn't perform in iPhone 4.

Ashish said:
One smart thing they did was to get ahead of the Spec War that was going on in the android market.
64 bit processor and Apps optimized for it is Apple's answer to counter the 3gb ram, octa core processor hype of samsung
Funny people just assume what apple actually did, which btw they never mentioned. Dude, the fact is that Apple knows that where hardware of Phones like LG G2, z1 , Note 3 are, it will take atleast 3 yrs for iPhone to reach to that point, so they just launched shitty devices. Octa core ( agreed it's not a true 8 core processor - but I hope you read today's news where sammy announced new one will perform like a true octa , using all 8 cores ) is not a hype anymore from today. Check the news. 3gb ram is ofc not needed for now, but it sure ensures you that your device will be future proof.
armman said:
iOS 7 Gold Master is out in case anyone's going to try it.
Link mate?
chromaniac said:
I would respond with that iOS7 is not stable. At least until today. I have seen iOS 6 running on iPhone 3GS and it is smoother than Android 4.x on my Galaxy Nexus.
agreed, iOS 6 was the most stable. But well we are talking about 2013, not 2011.

Device would be future proof? It's not like Apple would be able to release software updates that would increase the RAM on the hardware OTA. :
And as long as Apple is going to support iPhone 4/4S/5, they would have to release all updates and apps in both 32bit and 64bit. I am not even sure if this is worth the effort right now.

fiberguy said:
But the iPhone 5c which they claim to be 'cheap' is too damn costly. 549 USD for 16 GB = 35k + import duty = around 38k. I can spend a few bucks more and buy HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 for 37k! Speculation was it could cost as low as 299$ or 349$. Well that would've shot the stocks of Apple up and sales would rocket!
Totally. When I saw, 200$, I was like... okay. Apple sure has done something and unlocked one will may be add 30 to 40$ .. Even if iPhone 5c was for 20k in India it would have been awesome. But .. 40k LOL. Better purchase iPhone 5 old model before it runs out on current stock.
But this won't stop fanboi'z to buy this crap.

agreed, iOS 6 was the most stable. But well we are talking about 2013, not 2011.
I can only speak about what i have seen. iPhone 3gs ran ios 6 just fine. ios 7 final for iphone 4/4s/5 is not yet out officially. so commenting on its performance on these devices right now is probably not a fair comparison.
---
I cannot wait to see colored iphone 5c in the wild. NOT.

Supernatural said:
Funny people just assume what Apple actually did, which btw they never mentioned. Dude, the fact is that Apple knows that where hardware of Phones like LG G2, z1 , Note 3 are, it will take atleast 3 yrs for iPhone to reach to that point, so they just launched shitty devices. Octa core ( agreed it's not a true 8 core processor - but I hope you read today's news where sammy announced new one will perform like a true octa , using all 8 cores ) is not a hype anymore from today. Check the news. 3gb ram is ofc not needed for now, but it sure ensures you that your device will be future proof.
apple's 64 bit strategy was targeted towards noobs not people like us who know what 3 gb or octa core processing power means.

Back