Are you going to use Reliance Jio after FREE Trial?

• Thread starter Thread starter ChrisM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,097
Nobody else is going to offer unlimited. BSNL is wasting taxpayer's money so they can do that but others need to make profits. They are going to drop data prices but it won't be unlimited.

Success story continues, BSNL Kerala Circle makes highest Profit of Rs 486 Crores in the Financial Year 2014-15 - KeralaTelecom.info
BSNL Kerala Circle reported 3.28% YoY revenue growth in FY 2015-16; Added 23,623 new mobile customers through MNP in February 2016 - KeralaTelecom.info

Perfectly profitable in kerala circle, not really a burden. 2015 looks poor though, must be the middle east recession

Last edited:
I would only be getting this for the unlimited 4G at night..I can schedule some downloads at night,i mean its still just 150bucks ,so nothing to loose
I'm not sure why people dont think that this might be a decent deal,atleast as a secondary connection..
No night data for the 149 plan. All plans with night data priced below 499 cannot be used as first recharge. This means you have to pay for 149 or 499 for the first month.

Last edited:

That's one circle. BSNL on the whole has reached operational profitability but not net profitability and is still making losses. It also has accumulated losses of around 30,000 crores which is huge.

The Govt. has really messes up BSNL plus it has a large number of very costly employees. So it is not going to be easy to be profitable. Without matching Jio's plans they are not going to survive. People here look at only data cost and not the free voice call benefit and doesn't realize that 70-75% of all operators' revenue still comes from voice. If customers migrate en-masse (which i expect to happen unless plans are matched) then the other operators' are going to take a huge hit.

As for BSNL there are not enough people willing to pay 1099Rs/month to offset the loss of customers. Not enough people want unlimited mobile broadband at that price

He didn't lie technically. If you factor in the 8 GB "JioNet Wifi" data with the 4 GB LTE data, the cost becomes (499*1.15)/12 = ₹47.82, close to his claim of ₹50 to a GB. But yeah, chances of an individual using that 8 GB data is in question because there is less likely to be a hot spot near his home. Frankly, I find the whole concept of this "JioNet Hotspot" completely idiotic.
i live 50 mtrs from a jio tower (and jionet has a range of around 500 mtrs) so yes, i can use the jionet data too and the 50rs a gb pricing is good for me but as you said, it will not be the same for the majority.

@Ouch yes. this is what the local jio engineer told me.

Nice. That should really provide a lot of Hotspots even in residential areas. Party for people living in close proximity as they get jiolink plus Hotspot option!

Let's hope that the connectivity is seamless. Has anyone got to use them already?

Doesn't make sense .I can use jionet hotspots if I'm on Jio , if Jio tower is near might as well switch on lte and use that right ?

Back