Are you going to use Reliance Jio after FREE Trial?

• Thread starter Thread starter ChrisM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,097
To get night unlimited (To just use at odd 3 hrs of night unlimited, for 28 days), minimum Rs. 499 wala recharge is needed.

My main concern is the call connection problem with AVoId.
The damn call just doesn't connect during the day. Calls made from AVoId to Jio numbers too don't connect. This is a stalemate situation.
I will probably just sit out till the dust settles and see koun kitne paani mein hein.

One thing for sure: Mukesh Ambani blatantly lied when he made it sound that cost per 1 Gb data was 50. As if everyone is going to buy their Rs. 4999 for 75 Gb wala pack and be happy that they are ONLY paying Rs. 66 per Gb. I consider this nothing but breach of trust and a little loss of goodwill and hype Jio managed to create.

The real cost per GB for average person is 499 / 4 = Rs. 125

Till December end, everything is free.
These plans are only to fool the competitors.

IMO, the real plans will come out on Dec 28th.

I don't think so.Fool other operators by doing such a wide spread launch?It's not a simple thing you can go playing about.

How does it make any difference of payment in what plans are publicized now?
Till December end, everything is free.

One thing for sure: Mukesh Ambani blatantly lied when he made it sound that cost per 1 Gb data was 50.

The real cost per GB for average person is 499 / 4 = Rs. 125

He didn't lie technically. If you factor in the 8 GB "JioNet Wifi" data with the 4 GB LTE data, the cost becomes (499*1.15)/12 = ₹47.82, close to his claim of ₹50 to a GB. But yeah, chances of an individual using that 8 GB data is in question because there is less likely to be a hot spot near his home. Frankly, I find the whole concept of this "JioNet Hotspot" completely idiotic.

AFAIK,Jio launched because of the pressure from other operators and TRAI.The public beta wasn't actually helping them.

Jionet Wi-Fi will be charged @ Rs.50/GB after the bundled data is over. Its clearly mentioned here Source

2vV6VB8.png

It's just that media (for traffic/TRP & ₹₹₹₹ ) cleverly reported Jio is giving ₹50/GB. Ambaniji did not mention its for Jionet and media people as usual did not bother checking finer details. Please remember that Jio is a Reliance product and Reliance has & will never honestly mention the pricing.

if you take the 5000 rupee wala plan and include the wifi data, the net cost per gb drops to rs. 33.33.

I don't like the (2am to 5am) timing, as for the day data it is similar to airtel and voda, I guess the main selling point will be free calls.

Back