Beetel 450 TC1 and BSNL Broadband wifi problem.

• Thread starter Thread starter mandster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 44,428

mandster

ISP
ADSL
Hi all, I tried searching for the solution but am unsuccessful so here's my query. I got this ADSL + Wifi Router by Beetel supposed to be for Airtel but am using it with my BSNL connection.Have all the settings in place. Deleted the original 0/35 and created new one according to the guides available on the net. It works flawlessly using wired ethernet. The default connection it uses is named MGMNT.When I try to connect using Wifi, it presents me with two access points named MGMNT and Airtel. While I find no way to connect to 'Airtel', I can connect to MGMNT using '0987654321' as password. But even then there is no internet available. What am I doing wrong?Please enlighten I will really appreciate. Thanks.

Change over tp PPack.P/PPPoE mode.
( userID/PW entered in wan page)
Follow guide wa3002_g1 at calcutta telephones web site.
WA3002-g1 (Type-II) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION
Also another guide with screenshots. Use BSNL vpi/vci
http://mtnlmumbai.in/triband/htm/utstar_wireless_II.pdf
Enable dhcp in modem/router.
Feedback.

essbebe, Thanks for replying. It is PPPOE already and as I mentioned it works flawlessly with wired LAN. Wifi is the problem. It does connect but internet is not available. Also the other strange thing is that I cannot change the Authentication Type in wireless. It is greyed out with default WPA. I went through WA3002-G1 guide which is similar to my modem but still poles apart. Any more help will be highly appreciated !

even i have the same problem.. :(please resolve essbebe..

gagankeshav I gave the solution in last msg. Try it. It should work!
ive tried that too..
my case is same as yours was..
can you please guide me from the beginning as to how u made it work..
ive already upgraded the firmware.. :(

ive tried that too..
my case is same as yours was..
can you please guide me from the beginning as to how u made it work..
ive already upgraded the firmware.. :(

Well as in my case I could not change the encryption type (it used to be locked) so I never got connected to the access point 'Airtel' which provides internet. I could only connect to MGMNT which apparently does not provide internet.
So I got hold of these firmwares and upgraded. After that I changed the encryption and now I could connect to 'Airtel' and have the internet.
Hope it helps!

Back