Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,443
i actually removed avg to install this thing. since i cant seem to find a malware to test it out. not sure if its working or not :P

go for mcafee2009

yeap. its a cloud based technology. the scan engine is on your machine, definitions are not. any suspected file information is sent to their centralized server and latest information is fetched.

it is effective only if you are online (that's what i got from the documentation)... it's pretty lightweight and has been smooth for me.

i guess its not going to be a good solution for people on limited data transfer connectivity.

i have not noticed any serious bandwidth usage by the client application. bits and bytes here and there. :)

----------

----------

Panda Cloud Antivirus

when it comes to firewall i prefer comodo :D

that is the problem with free alternatives... you need to run multiple applications from different companies which:1. consume more resources2. can result in conflicts

for me an antivirus is good enough. a free one works fine. i was using avg till last evening now i am running panda cloud antivirus.

i still dont get it how come people encounter so many worms and malware. i believe most of the users here have already discarded IE... :whistle:

----------

i guess i am old now and dont venture into uncharted territories like third party usb discs and game dvds. :o

Back