Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,441
Microsoft security Essentials rockkk:happy::S

dude stick with MSE for the time being. it is doing a rather good job. i am currently on avg 9 it also works well. avast is also recommended. there is no definite answer to this question.

its general feeling that if software is free then it cannot detect the latest threats. The newest virus cannot be detected. Hence scared to use the MSE. But currently I am using MSE with IOBit security pro (free license).

and why do you think that ways?
avg has updates on a daily basis.
i bet avast has similar updates.
MSE has regular updates too.
and from what i have read... MSE has the same engine that powers the paid enterprise solutions from microsoft.
and its their image on the line.
having used it for a couple of months, i like it a lot.

i also used cloud antivirus for a while. it works well too.

personally i think any decent antivirus would work fine as long as you browse carefully.

and no antivirus product can save you if your luck is just not working.

one virus can mess up your machine.

and every darn antivirus on this planet earth would have at least one virus that it would fail to detect. :)

----------

also... avg (and i think avast) provide the antivirus engine for free. but the internet security editions are paid.

so essentially you get the similar 'updates' with latest definition files.

Panda Cloud Antivirus, The first free cloud antivirus against viruses, spyware, rootkits and adware i would suggest trying this if you want to be adventurous. :)

Microsoft security Essentials rockkk:happy::S

All are saying its good.

----------

and why do you think that ways?
avg has updates on a daily basis.
i bet avast has similar updates.
MSE has regular updates too.
and from what i have read... MSE has the same engine that powers the paid enterprise solutions from microsoft.
and its their image on the line.
having used it for a couple of months, i like it a lot.

i also used cloud antivirus for a while. it works well too.

personally i think any decent antivirus would work fine as long as you browse carefully.

and no antivirus product can save you if your luck is just not working.

one virus can mess up your machine.

and every darn antivirus on this planet earth would have at least one virus that it would fail to detect. :)[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

----------

[/COLOR]also... avg (and i think avast) provide the antivirus engine for free. but the internet security editions are paid.

so essentially you get the similar 'updates' with latest definition files.

Panda Cloud Antivirus, The first free cloud antivirus against viruses, spyware, rootkits and adware i would suggest trying this if you want to be adventurous. :)

Cloud9 once i used, its free, but not effective.

Back