• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 15,233

~Hami~

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Which is the best media player in terms of performance ? and also the easy usage and that supports most of the formats... :)Specify the player name if u select " others "

In terms of performance and quality, a media player does not matter. Its just that some players take time to load and some are instantaneous. What really matters is the set of codecs you use. I use media player classic that comes with K-lite codecs pack. Its best for me.

Yep. Media Player Classic + KLite, plus VLC as a backup if MPC gives problems. Nothing else is necessary.

Same here, Media Player Classic + Individual codecs (don't trust packs) as primary setup, and VLC as backup.

VLC for me too, although I am now trying to experiment with new codecs and MPlayer for Windows and maybe SMPlayer because VLC can't handle 1080p full-HD video clips (even 720p skips sometimes) on my poor 3 yr old Pentium4 :)

Mplayer without a doubt. It's a shame though that the developers haven't been paying more attention to the windows version.

Ahem ... Amarok is the best in the business!! Only for Audio that is though..Library Management is top class. In general Mplayer is best them , if video and codec support is concerned. For UI and collection management Amarok absolutely rules.

Back