Best Media Player

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 15,233
ok am gonna download and see whats this VLC fuss is all abt! i tried it once 2-3 years back...but felt moving within the movie and changing volume is a li'll bit hard...

VLC is pretty solid. But I never got used to its UI. I prefer SMPlayer. This thread is old. I think I have already posted about it multiple times by now :(

Try UM player. its based on smplayer but much better than smplayer. Works awesome and is available for everyOS. There is a portable version too so don't have to install.

ok am gonna download and see whats this VLC fuss is all abt!
i tried it once 2-3 years back...but felt moving within the movie and changing volume is a li'll bit hard...

Err not sure what u are talking about... VLC is by far the best media player in the market... Although its not fancy & very plain looking its very powerful & I m still to find a format that it does not play...BTW changing volume is ultra easy in VLC... Just use ur mouse scroll to turn the volume up & down...or in the Case of Mac OS use the two finger upward & downward swipe gesture to increase or decrease the volume...

----------

Try UM player. its based on smplayer but much better than smplayer. Works awesome and is available for everyOS. There is a portable version too so don't have to install.

zzz not available for the Mac OS so I guess that bit of info is wrong :( ...

Err not sure what u are talking about... VLC is by far the best media player in the market... Although its not fancy & very plain looking its very powerful & I m still to find a format that it does not play...BTW changing volume is ultra easy in VLC... Just use ur mouse scroll to turn the volume up & down...or in the Case of Mac OS use the two finger upward & downward swipe gesture to increase or decrease the volume...

----------

zzz not available for the Mac OS so I guess that bit of info is wrong :( ...
but i use Kmplayer..and if i want to change the volume..just up arrow or down arrow..and if i want to skim to a particular part of movie..i use left/right arrow button.....but in case of VLC..its hard..:/

I just like one feature of VLC player that it can play rtsp:// files flawlessly.Otherwise I hate it, the tray icon option always had some sort of issue with it.Customizing the player is like, argh! Windows Media Player has never failed on me.

I use WMPlayer with K-lite because I think the default rendering on it is much better than that on VLC. I tried tweaking a bit on VLC and that improved things, but I am too lazy to do all that. Only time I use VLC is when I am feeling too lazy to move as I can use just the keyboard for doing all stuff on VLC, with easier controls as opposed to that on WMPlayer

K-lite is good, but I had one issue with it.The MP3 playback gets really weird.Maybe am just an audiophile? Perhaps.

Back