Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,463
it is not bad until u are smart enough to use it properly :)u have to keep it updated. u don't have the level of functionality that you get from firefox or Opera. and u have to be careful about what you are clicking.in simple term, if you visit only good websites, IE won't harm you. but if you are the kind of person who would be visiting any website out their, clicking yes on prompts without reading them, still using the original version of IE that came with the original installation... you are in trouble.a friend of mine found he got infected with a spyware within 2 days of reinstalling his XP machine. with firefox he is happy since 2 months now. he is not the kind who would be checking neowin or other tech sites to keep himself updated with the latest patches and security releases.as for me, i just like the capabilities opera comes with. i can check mails, surf websites, chat on irc, aggregate rss and read newsgroups. from 1 single application. now that's what i call a complete internet experience. :)

Fire Bird

dude firebird is so dead. :) but its pretty cool in that version as well. infact phoenix worked fine for me.

I use IE on windows ... still looking for a good low resource browser ... maybe one based on netscape gecko ...BTW, on linux it's Lynx me ;)

Try K-Meleon but I have heard Opera works great even on a Pentium 200.

Opera and ffox both slows down performance (takes f**kin ram)Ie though unsecure is fastest i loading up bcoz it is halfly started with windows

with opera it takes closing and restarting resuming from last session. stable versions work fine for long hours for me. previews have some issues i agree.

Back