Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,463
hmmm i had a diff may be its due ur airtel (u get good speed so u cant get th e diff) i see it really on my f**kin sifyBROADBAND connection

heh. i got hooked to opera coz I HAD SIFY! Opera shines on slow connections. Especially when I can disable images on the fly. The best setting on opera is the cached image mode on...

The only reason I still keep firefox around is because it has some tools which are useful for data gathering for my projects. Opera isn't equipped with all the tools wich would make downloading easier although it is overall better.

I am right about now an Opera convert, I am using opera 8.0 beta 3 on linux atm, its pretty good with regards to speed and features. Its a powerhorse of a browser in fact... I use dillo or links when I need something quick and light.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Apr 2 2005, 11:19 AM
heh. i got hooked to opera coz I HAD SIFY! Opera shines on slow connections. Especially when I can disable images on the fly. The best setting on opera is the cached image mode on...[snapback]7470[/snapback]
[/quote]My situation is pretty much the same - agree with every word there!

Opera was a blessing on my (previously) dial-up connections. And the "show cached images only" ROCKS like nothing else. As does a million other features I got used to.

I started using Opera many years ago, with v5.12 - and I can speak with confidence, that if I were to again use that version again now, it still won't degrade my experience - its UI and compatibility is quite okay, and security-wise its as invulnerable as any latest version for most purposes. I challenge you to try saying that of IE or any of the Mozilla variants (with non-opera browsers, if you are using a version more than 2 months old, its almost certain that you have missed a lot of essential security fixes for your browser).

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 6 2004, 01:15 AM
Try K-Meleon but I have heard Opera works great even on a Pentium 200.[snapback]1623[/snapback]
[/quote]Opera worked even better than great, on a 486 with 32 MB RAM. It stayed within limits and was extremely fast all through my 3 years on that machine.

Originally posted by power@Dec 19 2004, 05:49 PM
Opera and ffox both slows down performance (takes f**kin ram)

Ie though unsecure is fastest i loading up bcoz it is halfly started with windows[snapback]3389[/snapback]
[/quote]Firefox is sick.
But opera - look above.
But agreeing with "insecure but good" logic is like saying that you will wear loose-fitting pants that drop-down anytime, as long as its easy to wear them. :P

Originally posted by power@Dec 20 2004, 01:59 AM
I didnt mean abt stability :) they are very stable i mean if u use on slow pc's like some 64 mb ram then ie opens in very less times though ffox and opera both requires more ram compared to it ;)[snapback]3443[/snapback]
[/quote]Again, IE and opera load times were quite similar as I said above. And if the performance I saw on THAT config is not good..... then well nothing else can be for you!

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 20 2004, 02:22 AM
i know about opera. you can tell it to take less ram.

one of the best feature about opera is that it keeps all the pages surfed in a session in ram. that is why when using back key, the result are instanteneous.

you have to make a compromise somewhere. IE back/forward button is pathetic. so is firefox's.[snapback]3447[/snapback]
[/quote]Yup, it keeps surfed pages in memory and still is as fast as lightning and its memory usage is less than what IE would use despite its in-memory caching.
I bet that on opening 10 windows of IE and 10 tabs of Opera, its obvious which one comes out looking better.

Opera skins and interface rock. no doubt abt it. It is stunning how much effort Opera has given for development of user interface. Absolutely everyting is customizable. (I got the back button on the status bar :P ) The only reason i voted for firefox above is cause i support the open source movement. If firefox does is not able to bring opera like interface in the near future i will think abt switching back to opera.

support the open source movement? they are shoving in firefox like its the best thing to happen since sliced bread. its a rather rough product. no where near opera. i support linux but it is not my choice of operating system. same thing applies on Opera.

Nothing except FF will do for me ;) Good to see only few IE User :Dand btw FireFox v 1.03 has been released yet so Update ur FF if u hadnt done till now

Back