Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,463
firefox all the way..

How is the latest Opera doing ?I'm still on 7.2, i don't need the other features, just plain browsing and stable at that.Is it worth me going to 8 (latest) ?

Originally posted by Vaithialingam.A@Sep 25 2005, 08:49 PM
please some body tell me what to do with I.E integrated with the WINxp . As I want to dump unnecessary applications , how to I uninstall I.E so I can have some breather space to load some other useful things! don't say that I have to ask Lord BillGates for such unholy actions!! :huh:  :unsure:[snapback]26341[/snapback]
[/quote]Nope, no need to ask billy boy for that. But then, removing IE is not going to save you much space (saves 25 MB), it only ends up breaking essential apps.

Originally posted by dearashwin@Sep 25 2005, 10:00 PM
go to add remove programs/ add rem windows components and then do it[snapback]26343[/snapback]
[/quote]All it does is to remove shortcuts to IE from the windows UI.
To really kick out IE from its integrated-ness with XP, this is the app to use - nLite

Originally posted by blr_p@Sep 26 2005, 02:56 PM
How is the latest Opera doing ?

I'm still on 7.2, i don't need the other features, just plain browsing and stable at that.

Is it worth me going to 8 (latest)  ?[snapback]26378[/snapback]
[/quote]Well worth it.
The latest - opera 8.50 - is freeware now, plus its a hell of a lot faster (running, page retrieving, rendering, all angles!).
One road-block to you though, may be that the interface is different now, but still you could customize it back to how you want it.

I'm a minimalist. I like small things. BTW I use the breeze micro skin on opera.

Back