Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,466
Originally posted by prathapml@Sep 26 2005, 09:59 PM
Nope, no need to ask billy boy for that. But then, removing IE is not going to save you much space (saves 25 MB), it only ends up breaking essential apps.
All it does is to remove shortcuts to IE from the windows UI.
To really kick out IE from its integrated-ness with XP, this is the app to use - nLite
[snapback]26424[/snapback]
[/quote]
:o God Almighty!! only 25 MB!!GEEk..ek,But what aboout the frequent patches to be downladed from the Lord's Heaven...I.E simply milking the space in the machine man!
For the second part you are correct You could not completely remove it.Even If I am making what would be the default browser( such as Opera or Fire fox), I.E will poke it nose with out my permission( particularly if the down load related to windows). In Windows it is not you, but Lord Bill Gate is the real- Boss and he alone will determine what kind of application you and I can use or reject!! The 10% of Fire Fox or Opera wouldn't make any dent on I.E unless it is separated from Windows. F.F & O only perform the dummy roles in windows.!! If Bill Gate think his I.E will lose his dominiant role ,can he sit , idle, watch it to happen!! Cann't he and his thousands of his co-programmer find a way to crash the Opposition ruthelessly , making some sort of programmes , only I.E can function, and other will crash!! I've siken to see the war of open sources among them !( when they are in alien land) :(

autocomplete feature is not available in opera and password manager is not as good as roboform.hope roboform releases version for opera .... otherwise opera rulez.

oh wait if opera cannot render the page what does it do when i use it 24x7 to surf the web :)

I said it cannot render pages as it is supposed to be.
Some elements are still unsupported. like on YahooMail.

Dont get offended. Me too using Opera.
But thats what preventing it from No.1

Originally posted by powdermonkey@Nov 12 2005, 05:29 PM
Opera still cannot render the pages as it is supposed to be.
Thats the  biggest drawback!

what pages are you talking about?? :huh:

if web designers either:1. design totally as per standards.2. check their faulty designs in all the popular browsers.the problems you described wont occur.if the page follow standards, and opera does not display it properly, its opera's fault. if it does not. it becomes a fault of the developer for not testing his application/web page in opera.

True.The problem though, is that if sites were coded as per standards, then IE wont render it correctly (=90% market excluded!!!!!).

heh. I wanted the original poster to post the site which rendered badly under Opera... Most web developers, even today, dont take the time to check their sites in alternative browsers like FF, Opera, etc... Thats where the problem begins. And FYI, IE6, though not standards complaint, will obey CSS 1 and most of 2's specs. But it has its quirks.. :(

Back