Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,468
w00t. Looks like i might be migrating to Opera. I am downloading it as we speak :) Hopefully, installation on my Linux machine wont be a big problem...

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Nov 14 2005, 04:06 AM
1 more ques, heard skype uses 112 kbps minimum. Does google talk use lesser bandwidth?...and hows the quality?...thot i'd post this here only.
[snapback]31845[/snapback]
[/quote]

Google talk can use multiple codecs for VOIP, that means you can trade for lesser quality and lesser bandwidth or high quality @ 128 kbps.

Thechnically, Google talk can work on 32 kbps and voice quality is not great but acceptable.

How to actually tweak these settings?

I hope they would point out the procedure somewhere in the manuals.

Originally posted by max@Nov 14 2005, 11:48 AM
Hopefully, installation on my Linux machine wont be a big problem...[snapback]31887[/snapback]
[/quote]Why would it be? :P
If you've installed any other software previously, this one is pretty much the same too.

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Nov 14 2005, 04:06 AM
Also, has anyone tried netscape 8?.....any good?[snapback]31845[/snapback]
[/quote]Sucks.
Its like a fattened up version of firefox.
The nice thing about it is, it can dynamically switch rendering of each page on a tab, between either the gecko or IE, engines.

it can remember site specific settings for rendering engine and other settings.

Originally posted by prathapml@Nov 15 2005, 11:35 AM
Why would it be?  :P
If you've installed any other software previously, this one is pretty much the same too.
[snapback]31994[/snapback]
[/quote]
No its not pretty much the same. My OS is from an historical era. I use Fedora Core 2. Didn't know whether Opera would want any newer libs and stuff. You were wrong though, the installation isn't pretty much the same! It ROCKS! :D It was a GUI install and it ran smoothly... No problems. The only problem I am facing is to get "CTRL + Click" to open a link in a new background tab. Any tips from the Opera gurus? :)

middle click?from what i know opera works fine on tons of Operating Systems. and linux distros should not be any different.

Back