Beware, ACT downgrades your speed before reaching FUP Limit, It happened twice to me. Who's next?

• Thread starter Thread starter satya_461
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 14,779
broadband.act said:
Hello Arun,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded the issue to the top authority of the concerned team and we assure you that the issue will get resolved on HIGH PRIORITY.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hello Satya,
We will revert after checking the status of your complaint.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hello ACT Broadband,
Any progress? Everyone's complaints are solved except mine :numbness:

Still not resolved. Haven't received a call from ACT :(

Satya..even the same is happening with me now. I have an FUP of 50GB and the speed is reduced to 500kbps after reaching 35GB itself (ACT userid : 10455300)
Yesterday, the customer care guys gave the same stupid explanation of the database will be updated in 24 hours and to wait for 24 hours.
After 24 hours of waiting, usage is still around 35GB and the customer care guys are not even ready to register a complaint asking to send a screenshot and wait for another 24 hours.
Anyone who is planning to take ACT or have ACT connection in Bangalore, please be beware of this.

Folks who have this problem have multiple ways to solve this. Doing the age-old thing of calling customer care and brooding won't help. Use social media to get things done. My issue was resolved in less than 16 hours, the reason being the follow-up I do on the twitter feed of ACT BB, https://twitter.com/ACTBroadbandIn. Try to think in a way you wanna solve your problems, not complicate it. Criticism is acceptable post all your efforts on a best-effort basis.
Recently, the technical personnel of Reliance Wi-Max turned up at my apartment after I have surrendered my connection in Nov 2013. They were requesting me to return the PoE adapter and the antenna. Such is the customer care and follow-up of Reliance who claim to be the best ISP in India.
ACT BB seem to be doing a good job, although they need to improve their customer service if they want to retain the numero-uno status in Bengaluru.

Nikhil K said:
Satya..even the same is happening with me now. I have an FUP of 50GB and the speed is reduced to 500kbps after reaching 35GB itself (ACT userid : 10455300)
Yesterday, the customer care guys gave the same stupid explanation of the database will be updated in 24 hours and to wait for 24 hours.
After 24 hours of waiting, usage is still around 35GB and the customer care guys are not even ready to register a complaint asking to send a screenshot and wait for another 24 hours.
Anyone who is planning to take ACT or have ACT connection in Bangalore, please be beware of this.
Nikhil, I thought I was only the one who is facing this issue(other guys issues seems to be solved).
Hopefully, one day, ACT will solve this :pray:
arunra said:
Folks who have this problem have multiple ways to solve this. Doing the age-old thing of calling customer care and brooding won't help. Use social media to get things done. My issue was resolved in less than 16 hours, the reason being the follow-up I do on the twitter feed of ACT BB, https://twitter.com/ACTBroadbandIn. Try to think in a way you wanna solve your problems, not complicate it. Criticism is acceptable post all your efforts on a best-effort basis.
Recently, the technical personnel of Reliance Wi-Max turned up at my apartment after I have surrendered my connection in Nov 2013. They were requesting me to return the PoE adapter and the antenna. Such is the customer care and follow-up of Reliance who claim to be the best ISP in India.
ACT BB seem to be doing a good job, although they need to improve their customer service if they want to retain the numero-uno status in Bengaluru.
I've already posted on their twitter account. I got the same reply :(

Nikhil K said:
Hello Nikhil,
We have already forwarded the issue to the concerned team and they will shortly get in touch with you.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Satya, My issue got resolved just now and speed is restored back.
I had to call customer care 3 times today. Out of which first two asked me to wait for another 24 hrs, while the third one was patient enough to dig out my mail with data usage screen shots and forward to the email team. After that I got a call from ACT customer care and the issue was resolved in another 4 hours.
My whole impression about ACT customer service would have been different if the first two were patient enough to do this (which took only one additional minute of their time).
Anyway, thanks ACT support.

Nikhil! Glad that your problem is resolved.
The minor good thing here is that next time we face the problem, we know what to do.
i.e. Bother ACT customer care multiple times until the speed is reset.

Back