Bridge mode in ubuntu 7.10 on MS virtual machine)

• Thread starter Thread starter ozzman6154
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,517

ozzman6154

ISP
mtnl
Hi,Does anyone know how to configure the adsl modem (502t) on ubuntu 7.10 in bridge mode?Appreciate if step-by-step instructions are given. This is to be configured in ms virtual machine console

umm....here's how I did it-open the Terminal (Accessories)Type "sudo pppoeconf"Enter password (You won't be able to see even any asterix. Just type it correctly)Follow the instructions along with providing your username, password.To connect, open Terminal and type "pon dsl-provider"To disconnect, open Terminal and type- "poff"

after u set-up as said by sneezy... u can download ppp-tray program - a samll gui for pon and poff

I've tried what sneezy mentioned, however it times out when scanning the eth0 int. I disconnected the real network connection and dialer, however it still times out on scanning the eth0. What are the steps that you took to ensure that the eth0 scanning was successful?

Just got it working -using command sudo pppoeconf eth0btw, this msg is posted from ubuntu inside ms virtual pc

If u r not in bridge mode u can use pppoe mode and access mtnl internet and it works fine if u have configure it properly in PPPOE mode it will work I have tried it and it works

Back