how to install ubuntu 7.10

• Thread starter Thread starter vissu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 8,767
yeah. but i am running my 7.10 like that and i don't think it's running at optimum speed. i need to get a blank CD to get a fresh installation considering my laptop is technically missing now :P

no 7.04 wont auto upgrade to 7.10. i think you have to run something like "apt-get install dist-upgrade" or something to move up.

i think it does offer you to upgrade your distro. for upgrading to beta, you need to run update-manager -d in terminal.

im in serious problem... while installing through wubi, it has not detected iso file. i tried to install with help of cd, i have gone to command line install and installed linux(i dunno abt this). got confused and recovered partitions. now it says "loading grub... error 22" please tell me how to recover from this error:(

think grub is pointing to the non existing partition. i suggest you use fix mbr command to get back the original boot loader.

simplest is reinstall ubuntu to get the boot menu back.otherwise boot off winxp cd and go to recovery console and type "fixboot" and/or "fixmbr"btw how are you able to post here if you cant boot? got a backup pc?

Back