Bright future for Broadband in India!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sabariselvam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 7,063
The minister should be sacked as soon as possible.BSNL has become worse and worse day by day.No good plans, No reduced tarrifs. NOTHING:wall:.

but BSNL is not something that is totally controlled by the governement i believe. it is a public sector company with shares in the market. they have to be profitable in the end. :D

i am not sure why Dayanidhi Maran is so highly regarded as the man behind a pseudo broadband revolution in india.

from what i remember... he just gave us some stupid plans like 2 mbps with 500MB data transfers on bsnl/mtnl?

i am not sure. of course, i am no fan of mr. raja. the current 3G auctions scare me as the high prices are going to be reflective on the prices of the services that would be offered to us.

yes the price of auction is what scares me a lot as well. but like others say if the price does come down then i guess all's well

you know today in india MTNL and BSNL has most hightek technology for broadband service provider but the government and technical persons dont know how to optimize dis if they will optimize this in 100% no single ISP in india can beat dem for example right now MTNL is providing triband package for dis they are having Servers Named with Alcatell SOTL and erricsonon erricson u get ip staring from 59.xx.xx.xxon Alcatel u get same ip but ur username has suffix@and the new servers which they have started 7-8 months ago u have @ suffix and ip starting from 120.xxx.xxx.xxx the fact is on all these servers MTNL provide iptv services but on alcatel for administration and maintainance of server they use programme called N2000 from huwei systemson other two servers they have some other programmes when u apply for certain plan they put certain profile and u get dat much sync rate but when u subscribe for iptv they add another profile of 4 or 6 mb so u get a sync rate of 6000kbps but both ur iptv and internet have differnet bandwidthhowever on these new SOTL server this new programme called n2000 they dont have such facilllity of two different profiles so they just remove ur old internet profile and put a single iptv profile and u get internet bandwith = ur sync rate thats d fact and mtnl is least bothered about this thing i have iptv i get sync of 6000kbps and i download at 650-705KBps and this is not the luck by chance i have iptv from last 8 months and totall of my 21 friends have iptv we all have @ suffix and ouur ip starts from 120.xxx.xxx.xxx and we all enjoying if u dont belive and u have mtnl BB in mumbai just get iptv and tell them to put u on SOTL server and c the change i dont know how many users are there likke me but m paying 599 from feb 2010 and b4dat i was paying 768rs so this is d fact these goverment companies are the best but they dont have proper cordination and by the way check my speed for 599/-:irock::whistle::thumbsup:

you know today in india MTNL and BSNL has most hightek technology for broadband service provider but the government and technical persons dont know how to optimize dis if they will optimize this in 100% no single ISP in india can beat dem

Except the ISPs that supply MTNL/BSNL. Or a fully FTTH provider who doesn't segregate the network by IP-range (so no threads that say site-name.com not working from IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

And I bet you don't know who controls MTNLs Video Calling ;)

for example right now MTNL is providing triband package
for dis they are having Servers Named with Alcatell SOTL and erricson
on erricson u get ip staring from 59.xx.xx.xx
on Alcatel u get same ip but ur username has suffix@
and the new servers which they have started 7-8 months ago u have @ suffix and ip starting from 120.xxx.xxx.xxx

That's a really dumb way to segregate a network. You'd think they'd at least do it geographically.

the fact is on all these servers MTNL provide iptv services but on alcatel for administration and maintainance of server they use programme called N2000 from huwei systems
on other two servers they have some other programmes when u apply for certain plan they put certain profile and u get dat much sync rate but when u subscribe for iptv they add another profile of 4 or 6 mb so u get a sync rate of 6000kbps but both ur iptv and internet have differnet bandwidth

IPTV is served on a different VLAN down your line and basically, providing the physical media has the capacity, whether you have IPTV service or not, it shouldn't affect your internet.

however on these new SOTL server this new programme called n2000 they dont have such facilllity of two different profiles so they just remove ur old internet profile and put a single iptv profile and u get internet bandwith = ur sync rate thats d fact and mtnl is least bothered about this thing i have iptv i get sync of 6000kbps and i download at 650-705KBps and this is not the luck by chance i have iptv from last 8 months and totall of my 21 friends have iptv we all have @ suffix and ouur ip starts from 120.xxx.xxx.xxx and we all enjoying

Uh... congratulations. So your line supports full-speed ADSL? Surely it doesn't affect your actual connection speed though if you're still on a 256k unlimited plan or whatever, does it?

if u dont belive and u have mtnl BB in mumbai just get iptv and tell them to put u on SOTL server and c the change i dont know how many users are there likke me but m paying 599 from feb 2010 and b4dat i was paying 768rs
so this is d fact these goverment companies are the best but they dont have proper cordination and by the way check my speed for 599/-:irock::whistle::thumbsup:

How are your actual download speeds? Try this file: http://ubunturelease.hnsdc.com/10.04/ubuntu-10.04-alternate-i386.iso then this file http://ubuntu.famit.com.sg/lucid/ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso and post a screenshot of the download window. Will it be 55kbytes/sec or 500kbytes/sec? :)

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/test2ue.jpg/http://img7.imageshack.us/i/test2ue.jpg/
http://img256.imageshack.us/i/test1nr.jpg/
check dis speeds and another thing my total sync is 6000kbps so when i play iptv i get download speed of 450-somthing and when iptv is off i get full speeds so iptv is affecting my speed and its not video calling its iiptv and theyy r sagrigating there ips geographically main ip of borivili shimpoli exchange responsible for borivli and dahisar west area all clints get 120.61.xxx.xxx in andheri bandra and santacruz is its 120.63.xxx.xxx and i know that iptv is is served on seperate vlan :thumbsup:
and after seeing all those failed threads and arguments to watch iptv on vlc without tv tuner card i have have the perfect solution to watch iptv withou vlc and tv tuner also very sophisticated way... believe me telling u honestly and check the thred in mtnl iptv section and persnally dont tell any1 what m telling u i know such many bugs in mtnl connecrtioand modems coz "my own uncle is 1 of the persons responsible for maintanance and technical administraion of mtnl NOC in prabhadevi

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

and these bugs will be sorted by mid of 2012 when mtnl is going to expand NOC room

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/test2ue.jpg/http://img7.imageshack.us/i/test2ue.jpg/
http://img256.imageshack.us/i/test1nr.jpg/
check dis speeds and another thing my total sync is 6000kbps so when i play iptv i get download speed of 450-somthing and when iptv is off i get full speeds so iptv is affecting my speed and its not video calling its iiptv and theyy r sagrigating there ips geographically main ip of borivili shimpoli exchange responsible for borivli and dahisar west area all clints get 120.61.xxx.xxx in andheri bandra and santacruz is its 120.63.xxx.xxx and i know that iptv is is served on seperate vlan :thumbsup:
and after seeing all those failed threads and arguments to watch iptv on vlc without tv tuner card i have have the perfect solution to watch iptv withou vlc and tv tuner also very sophisticated way... believe me telling u honestly and check the thred in mtnl iptv section and persnally dont tell any1 what m telling u i know such many bugs in mtnl connecrtioand modems coz "my own uncle is 1 of the persons responsible for maintanance and technical administraion of mtnl NOC in prabhadevi

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

and these bugs will be sorted by mid of 2012 when mtnl is going to expand NOC room

I'll write more later, but as of now I fully admit I am very surprised by this discovery. It seems that somehow you're exploiting a loophole somewhere - exploit it while you can. I just hope that MTNL doesn't end up billing you lots.

they wont, and its not me only there are many guyz who ever is der on SOTL gets IP 120.xxx.xxx.xxx is able to do this :dance:
and till now i have already crossed som 3.5TB of downloaded but not paid more dan 599
the thing is u shoulde only have iptv subscribtion

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

and mgcarley the best thing is when my friend is staying in borivli and m @ andheri we are able to access each other's pc similar like same what VPN we can ping ftp and u say...... and its der and if we think dat mtnl is not aware of this den it is totally false they no this issue very well and if u are old costomer and if u ask dem for this kind of shift like say for erricson to SOTL they wont allow easily they want proper reasoning and approval from higher athorities say from main exachange manager ...................
when i saw it i was also suprised but after doing lots of reasearch i came to conclusion dat this a future upgrade coz later on i will post 1 letter written by cmd mtnl to tri. and another letter of mtnl mumbai seeking permision underlaying optic fibre cables for exchange to exchange communication. i.e from each exchange to main prabhadevi exchange were main NOC and mainframe is situated which is den connected to SEA-ME-WE 3\4 owned by tata communication linking mumbai to uk and FLAG EUROPe ASIA FEA dats the reliance 1
and actually we can expect major boost in our internet speed after Q2 2010 as EIG the very most EUROPE INDIA GATEWAY capable of transfering 3.84 terabits per second data is on the verge of complition. In this project also SOTL ( Sterlite Optice Fibre Technolgies Limited) and Alcatel Luscent are main contributers who are 1 of the main contributers for this Submarine cable as well as reponsible for mtnl's fibre network in mumbai.
after i get dat letters i will post a scan copies under which mtnl has seeked trai for direct access of this international gateway as well as i have the copy of mou in which mtnl has agreed with APNA, APNIC, TRAI, ERNET to fully impliment ipv6 and even no the routers which mtnl is now proving has ipv6 seperate option

@swapnilrk2004 You better be right, I'm gonna try this for kicks

hey dont worry @y2s if ur having mtnl bb only just check ur ip address if it is starting from 59.xx.xx.xx den just tell those exchange guyz to shift u on SOTL server u will get 120.xxx.xxx.xxx ip and ur username will have @ suffix after dat just call 125666 and avail for iptv service and give me ur feedback sooner or later

Back