BSNL 3g Help

aditya_singh

ISP
BSNL
Hey! Im recently purchased a BSNL Sim to test out its 3G services,Im running it on a Motorola Milestone. I called the BSNL Helpline when my sim was activated, asking on instructions to activate 3G.They gave me a PIN and asked me to wait for the settings to be received. Nothing Happened!I looked around the internet and manually changed the APN to "bsnlnet"That seemed to work and im not getting the signal. But its pretty slow...so is there any way to test out the speed? Plus what am i supposed to do with the PIN i was given! Will it in any way help increase my speed....Im based in Chandigarh, Punjab.Thanx in advance, and please bare with me, im completely clueless about 3G :S

This shows the procedure to send an sms and receive the 3g apn settings :

Untitled Document

If you are in complete 3G coverage, set your network mode to UMTS only (not Automatic or Dual Mode). BSNL customer care seems to not responsive in some case. Try reporting about non delivery of internet settings (as you report in land line in case of disconnection). They must take it. (you need to be strong voiced). Or go to a friend with expertise.

Back