BSNL 3G: Help me choose please!! Huawei k4505 Or UMG 1831

• Thread starter Thread starter ananyakalia5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 14,340
rcvd the k4505 today.... initial impression its a beauty,,,, upgraded to 28 mbps// thnx to ramil.... :) /// running with relnc 3g.... only con heats too much... but i blv its due to the sigbal strngh... at my place its -99 dbm avg..

only con heats too much... but i blv its due to the sigbal strngh... at my place its -99 dbm avg..

I have already bench marked this card. For prolonged use at high speed, it reached a peak of 63*C and not beyond that.

These kind of cards are allowed to reach a temperature of 76*C.

Moreover when the signal is weak, the card will draw more power to communicate efficiently with the towers.

( Thanks to the technical staff of modem company ).

yes i also blv so.... mailed mr.joseph..he also reported same.... hav u tried ussd in k4505?? mine dsnt wrk.. though wrks with mdma

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

i found the latest f/w of k4505/... K4505 Firmware Update - Vodafone Download

can u confirm it..

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

took the plunge .. and updated the f/w... running silky smooth...

yea, no issues with the new firmware too, only problem with my modem is that i need to use the USB switch option for it to get detected when connected to PC, as my k4505 came with mobile partner, but modem does not get detected until i use the USB swtich utility. Not worried much about it as i have it running most of the time with router, where there are no issues.

Automatically changing to modem mode is depends on your dashboard software. Normal process is, when you connected the modem, mounting cd drive and sd card reader mode will be done, then autorun functionality of cd drive will execute usb switch utility which intern mount the modem. Either you can update your dashboard to generic latest one(16. Xxxxx) or disable cd drive mode through AT command(but this is not good idea, since u cannot use your modem in a new pc where driver has not been installed) Sent from my Desire HD

@deepan Dushie also refer the same, in windows he has to use this switch utility and his router might be based on linux firmware which use usbmodeswitch by default! Sent from my Desire HD

hmm.. u mentioned the exact thing ... but i will let it pass.. its fine for me... btw in my laapy evrytime i plugin the modem (in single usb port) it always installs the same drivers time and time... any sol..

Mostly the seller himself will upgrade before shipping the card. If not, download from here my ( uploaded ) file.....

K4505Update_11.860.02.04.11.B446.exe

Caution: While updating / upgrading Firmware, be cautious, to keep the power to the system uninterrupted.

Man there is a new firmware update has come it's

K4505Update_11.870.02.10.11.B455

I didn't updated as I don't know what this update will do to the modem. @ramli please help if I should update the firmware.

Man there is a new firmware update has come it's

K4505Update_11.870.02.10.11.B455

I didn't updated as I don't know what this update will do to the modem. @ramli please help if I should update the firmware.

@ Deepayan Neogi has already updated with that FW, without any problem, as per the above post# 13.

I haven't tried yet.

Back