BSNL 3G Help!

aditya_singh

ISP
BSNL
Hey! Im recently purchased a BSNL Sim to test out its 3G services,Im running it on a Motorola Milestone. I called the BSNL Helpline when my sim was activated, asking on instructions to activate 3G.They gave me a PIN and asked me to wait for the settings to be received. Nothing Happened!I looked around the internet and manually changed the APN to "bsnlnet"That seemed to work and im not getting the signal. But its pretty slow...so is there any way to test out the speed? Plus what am i supposed to do with the PIN i was given! Will it in any way help increase my speed....Im based in Chandigarh, Punjab.Thanx in advance, and please bare with me, im completely clueless about 3G :S

speedtest has an android app that you can use to check your speeds.

try speed test after selecting bsnl 3g network in manual network search

Thanx for the replies!
I tried running the bsnl speed test but it didnt work cuz my phone doesnt support flash yet.
so i used this site
www.my3gspeed.net ( a friend suggested it to me cuz its pretty good)
Anyway,
i tried testin it, it took FOREVER (around 45 s+ according to it)
and it showed the speed as just 24kBps :(
What do i do?
Will actually receiving settings from BSNL and using the PIN be better than manually inputing the settings myself?

can you confirm whether u can see bsnl 3g network in manual network search ? from the speed that you are getting, looks like u r on bsnl 2g network. also make sure phone is in dual mode. i m getting around 1.2 mbps here on my blackberry storm

I purchased a BSNL prepaid 3g sim card in chennai and 3g service was activated. currently i am in roaming(Hyderabad)... My handset was xperia x10 mini. In mobile network (manual or automatic) i am not able to select 3g cellone....only cellone network is available. but iam getting the 3g symbol in the mobile with the download speed of 800kbps to 1mbps.Please clarify whether i am using edge or 3g network......I tried to contact customer care many times but no useful information.

Change your network mode to UMTS (for stable browsing/download from home)Make sure you are within 3G coverage area, Additionally if you are in HSDPA enabled 3G coverage area, you must get a very good speed.Create a new configuration with 'bsnlnet' APN with no proxy, no IP, no authentication. Change the DNS in this settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 .This must work

Back