BSNL average download/upload limit

• Thread starter Thread starter cooldude
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 11,535
They are a confused lot right now for past 1 yr about internet. They dont know how to price it and are not also confident about the product if theirs shall be stable or not. I have spoken to some seniors at Kolkata and their answer gave me this impression. I know they wont lie to me as that does not make them gain anything. And there is nothing secret about it.But then once they do launch it and price is low, then the others will be forced to follow the line.

Right, the home segment is very price conscious and the usage volume is low. If the reliance price is not right, very few ppl. would opt for it. Moreover, BSNL's inherent advantage is that the infrastructure is already in place. Although reliance has laid hundreds of miles of cable, the mode of the cable to home conectivity remains to be seen. That would incur additional installation costs. All these infrastructure costs have to be included in their price. I don't know how they will manage to keep their prices low for comparable speed vis-a-vis BSNL.

RIL has amazing bearing strength becoz of money power.I dunno if Anil Ambani will have that kind of drive if he steps into the drivers seat. I mean i see him the kinpin after a few months in case of infocom.

!!!! I'm back after a week !!!!by jove, reliance is gonna go bankrupt within 5 years !!now, lets hope for the best and wait till june 30 !!!what do u all say, guys ?and dial-up ? forget it...go for broadband at all costs.>

At this rate it may take 10 years to go Bankrupt as RIL is making money while infocomm ( well Gawd nows ).

:) BSNL/MTNL are dependent on VSNL/Reliance for the International Bandwidth. I spoke to some seniors in BSNL, Bangalore who informed that the prising of international bandwidths is controlled by VSNL/Reliance. BSNL is shortly laying their OF cable to Srilanka(to route through the Flag carrier in Srilanka). They intimated that the work will be over by July but they were not sure. but they where confident of reduction of prices after July/August once TRAI reviews the International BW prices. The Volume(1Gb) limitation may remain.

there are not too many players having the Internation Bandwidth...in addition to VSNL and Reliance, the third one is Sify and may be Spectranet as well, but i'm not sure about that...so basically, whichever ISP u're having, the main providers are them only...so basic thing which differentiate one ISP from another is the CC and infrastructure...the company may be a BIG one with BIGGER infrastructure, but not necessarily the best CC and the BIGGEST example is Sify ;)

Originally posted by agnivo007@Apr 28 2005, 05:12 PM
And plz plz plz don't use SP2 on WinXP, its sh*t.

Hey agnivo, why do you say that using SP2 on XP is sh*t? Is there a technical problem? Please explain. Please do reply to the email I have sent you at your ID.

Thanks.

Back