BSNL BBG Combo ULD 1199 to offer 2mbps Unlimited & unlimited local/std calls for Rs. 1199

Few months back before disconnection of bsnl broadband(still had working landline) I had 4mpbs profile and used to get around 244KBps on 2Mbps plan. Now when I again applied for their broadband for this plan I now have 2Mbps default profile, I get around 218KBps. Few days back I asked them to change my profile to 4Mbps and they said they cant bcoz you need to have a 4Mbps plan to have that profile speed no matter what. O well I guess I'll have to apply for 8mbps plan in coming months just to up my profile to 8mps and then downgrade back to this plan.
wont work. they will downgrade your sync speed a few days later and will match it with your current plan. i have tried this.

Maybe you were unlucky I guess because I have had that 4mbps profile for some years on 2mbps plan.

Even I have experienced the same thing regarding the speed which is still the same as 4bmps plan which i had earlier despite switching to ULD 1199 plan. Lets see how long it will continue before they bring it down.
The good thing is that landline calls are free, I will be paying half of what I was paying earlier.

Friends

Currently I'm on CS49 plan which should give me 2Mbps speed till FUP, post which I should get 1Mbps.With my current modem configuration as seen in DSL status, it shows..

Ds Rate (Kbps) 3997
Us Rate (Kbps) 492
DS Margin (dB) 15.5
US Margin (dB) 21.0
DS Line Attenuation (dB) 36.0
US Line Attenuation (dB) 19.0

CRC Rx Fast 0
CRC Tx Fast 0
CRC Rx Interleaved 49
CRC Tx Interleaved 0

When i did speedtest, the result pre FUP around 2.7Mbps,post FUP around 1.24Mbps.Is this at par speed for this plan ?

I'm planning to migrate to the new plan BBG COMBO ULD 1199. Any suggestion/advise ????

Back