BSNL BBG Combo ULD 1199 to offer 2mbps Unlimited & unlimited local/std calls for Rs. 1199

I live in Nagpur so here there only bsnl tata etc Private isps arent much and many of their plan are bad.
I buyed bsnl 3g 1009 plans speed are good i am getting 1mpbs downloading speed (not bandwitch) and at night getting 1.5 mpbs so i would prefer this than broadband! Ping are ok sometimes high sometimes low.

Few months back before disconnection of bsnl broadband(still had working landline) I had 4mpbs profile and used to get around 244KBps on 2Mbps plan. Now when I again applied for their broadband for this plan I now have 2Mbps default profile, I get around 218KBps. Few days back I asked them to change my profile to 4Mbps and they said they cant bcoz you need to have a 4Mbps plan to have that profile speed no matter what. O well I guess I'll have to apply for 8mbps plan in coming months just to up my profile to 8mps and then downgrade back to this plan.

BB_user fastest option is to personally meet up with the GM/DGM/AGM Broadband in your city/ town BSNL head office and ask for the upgradation

For me, talking to someone at exchange personally had given good results. They have a habit of not picking the phone if make a call.

Few months back before disconnection of bsnl broadband(still had working landline) I had 4mpbs profile and used to get around 244KBps on 2Mbps plan. Now when I again applied for their broadband for this plan I now have 2Mbps default profile, I get around 218KBps. Few days back I asked them to change my profile to 4Mbps and they said they cant bcoz you need to have a 4Mbps plan to have that profile speed no matter what. O well I guess I'll have to apply for 8mbps plan in coming months just to up my profile to 8mps and then downgrade back to this plan.

i dont think they should deny you the higher line profile as long as the snr/ atten. is within acceptable limits !

When I went to the exchange to get my line speed increased, the dude incharge had the audacity to ask me what web service i use that cannot work on 3.2mbps but would work on 4mbps. Took a lot of effort to get them to boost the line speed to 6000kbps on my 4mbps plan. Few months later disconnections because a common issue. The guy who came to my place to check the issue had just one resolution, go back to slower line speed. Dumped BSNL and switched to Reliance. Paid half the money for same speed but unlimited data. It was unreliable so got a backup Airtel line. In total, I now pay around the same as I was paying BSNL (at that time) but have access to two connections and unlimited data on Reliance and 60GB on Airtel.

What is a line profile ? Is this same as Broadband Speed for the plan I subscribe to ? Sorry I'm new to these terms. Trying to understand these. Will any friend be kind enough to help me understand with those terms.

What is a line profile ?

At exchange, your connection is associated with some details ( profile ) like how much is the maximum download speed you can get, how much max. upload speed you can get etc. This needs to be 8 Mbps for you to get that speed. It is common that BSNL employees forget to change to 8 Mbps from default 2 Mbps.

Back