BSNL Broadband Bill

• Thread starter Thread starter vinayghdke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 27,723

vinayghdke

ISP
BSNL Broadband
My concern is on a BSNL Broadband Bill that I received a few days back...I have had this connection from Jan 26th and till now I have received 2 bills worth Rs. 4077 & Rs. 3850 respectively. I am using the Start Up 250 Plan and dont use much of Internet at all...when I approached BSNL saying that my usage shown on the bill is too high compared to what I actually have used, I was told that unless there is an usage, it wudn't reflect on the bill...anywyz, I have had to cancel my BSNL Connection due to this reason and left with no Internet facility at home... Can someone suggest a gud provider where I could get a detailed bill with all the websites browsed during a particular month and the usage on a daily basis. Thanks. Regards,Vinay

/members/vinayghdke/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.
Better late than never. ! You have rushed and cancelled the connection.
If still the telephone connection is available restore your BB connection..
Next best choice is Airtel.(Be prepared to pay almost double the amount for low speed etc )
In BSNL Now you can select Plan 125 also for low usage of Internet. (in Tamil Nadu)
Para two: Phone rent excess call charges excluded from bill + taxes and work out your BB charges. ( approx Rs 2000/==)
Normally for 4 months Rs 250/=x 4 = Rs 1000/=
Modem rent Rs 60 PM 60 x 4 = Rs 240/= security Deposit Rs 500/=
Installation charges Rs 250/= ( if not free )
Since you say used sparingly unlikely extra charges at Re 1 per MB extra D/L
Para two : If you want detailed break up for last five months , did you get a 14 digit portal ID and password to check your usage ?
detailed bill with all the websites browsed
No ISP in India ( rather World ) can provide this..
This is recorded in your History in your browser.
References :1.Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
2. https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 page 7 post 69.
3.http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ ( old usage portal for ref )
BSNL - Broadband Account Management new website both need 14digit portal ID to log in.
4. Sample usage page :http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotvx5.jpg

You can always check your usage statistics thru online ! 250 plan is a waste.. I am sure you might have used for voice/video chat, browse sites including video/graphic contents in it ! These all counts ! You need not download a file to computer for your usage to go up !If you see a image on website, that also counted.. if that image is a size of 1mb(a higher resolution image), those 1024 image makes your one month limit ! So it is quite possible that you have used more than that ! If you havent used, you dont have to pay. see the usage details ! If you are using wireless and it is not secured can also make this issue happen !!

@ vinayghdke take printouts of your usage details, a xerox copy of your bill and a request letter to area accounts officer to convince them with what you have used. if they find any problem at their end, it will be rectified and bill will be corrected. do not count time. hurry and make a visit to area accounts officer with above said relevant proofs.:(

Hello All,

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions...

Essbebe,

Question: Did you get a 14 digit portal ID and password to check your usage ?

A). Nopes, I have not applied for this and hence I was unable to track the usage for the past 5 months...I have read thru a few more threads wch clearly state that we would need to submit an application for a Username and Password to be assigned to have this service activated.

Anywyz, my concern is that I would be cancelling this connection in 3 days time (during the weekend). I am from Bangalore.

Would Tata Indicom/Reliance be a good substitute as their customer service is more interactive and also their billing structures (detailed) are precise?

Regards,
Vinay

"From the frying pan into the fire "Contact the technical staff of your exchange and get the ID and check.If Airtel available look at their tariffs for Karnataka.

Hello,

Yes:), the screenshot of the BSNL Broadband usage does seem to be very helpful with regard to my issue. I am sure this would have helped me to cut down on the usage if I had access to this earlier.

I will check on the weekend of what my possible openings are and decide accordingly.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Cheers guys !! :thumbsup: U rock !!

Regards,
Vinay

You have all connectivity in most of Bangalore ! Airtel, TATA, Reliance, BSNL, Hathway.... lots of option.. I think best is BSNL in Bangalore as many having better speed on UL plans ! (i get almost double on 750UL) !

cheers

Bangladesh makes Internet use free for primary schools - Yahoo! News

Lalu made Train fare free for Girls up to Degree :P

Hello All,

Would Tata Indicom/Reliance be a good substitute as their customer service is more interactive and also their billing structures (detailed) are precise?

I previously was a reliance broadnet subscriber. I never suggest anyone a reliance broadnet connection. They might have a customer service for 24hr a day. But I assure, they dont know how to solve the customer's problems.
(I'm saying this out of experience).Their technical staff respond very late to customer issues.

And regarding detailed usage details, The BSNL portal usage details page is as good as Reliance's. You should get the portal ID, it is very simple in a city like Bangalore to get that info

If you can know how to use a firewall+antivirus and some Datausage tools, BSNL broadband is the best broadband service available.

And anothe suggestion. You can take up H500C instaed of H250 plan.

In H500C, if you deduct (equivalent charges of) phone rental(Rs180)+charges for 175calls(50 free calls +125 calls@Re1)(=total Rs 305), You will be paying Rs195 only for a 2Mbps connection with 1.5GB data and night unlimited option.

Back