BSNL Broadband: Bsnl- Start Up Plan 250

• Thread starter Thread starter swetha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 16,991
i dont think even home 500 would do if you use skype regularly.. unlimited is a good option.. skype audio+video chat works awesome with 256kbps

500 doesn't, as I seem to consume 200MB in an hour.Restricting a session to about 15/20 mins for parents with a recently migrated daughter to the US can be pretty tough!Please do post your experiences with 256kbps, as I'm a bit worried as the Skype forums do suggest a minimum of 384kbps (apart from optimum Processor and webcam specifications) for high quality video(HQV).I wouldn't mind a FQV/TQV (Fair/Tolerable) .TIA

well.. i've tried skype a lot of times .. on a 256kbps connection.. i think you would be very satisfied with the clarity and stuff.. i mean , i dont think i faced any problem at all. i mean as long as both of you have good quality webcams.. it should work well..

Thanks a lot.From my end ,am using a web-cam 1.3Mp ,professing to transmit at 30 frames/sec ,on a core 2-duo processor 2GBram and running Vista Home Premium.The camera at the other end is also good quality and is supposedly capable of more than 24 f/sec at resolutions more than the skype specified 640 x 480.The only stumbling block happens to be bandwidth from this end ,and am wondering whether to step down the resolution of the wbcam at this end to 640 x 480 to compensate for 256kbps if and when I do change to the unlimited 500 plan (discounted price in Kolkata):)

well, i havent made any changes in the resolution etc when i used skype.. it shouldnt be a problem really..

hiii i am jensina im having bsnl broadband connection.plan is 250.i just want to know how much time we can use net in a month.am using only yahoo messanger and checking mail.some times only i ll take other sites(that also very few minutes will take).can i use 2/hr day.if i use 2hr/day the money will exceed or not?

well it definetly shouldnt exceed if your just using it to check email and visit a few other sites.. Unless you use yahoo messenger for video/voice chat or you use websites like youtube etc

Back