BSNL Broadband: data.bsnl.in showing new page after logging in (Motive Hijack)

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 64,952
If you are using IE browser select tools Internet options
and block this site.
BSNL CC says, ignore the link, which will appear when you
connect to Internet everytime, or system gets reconnected, after temp disconnection.

Which version of IE does this? I don't think IE6 has it.

I am latest versions of IE and Firefox

I am latest versions of IE and Firefox

I have FF 3.6.3 but don't see any option to block sites. I can block all images from sites but not entire sites. This can be done by a firewall or by use of the hosts file.

However, if BSNL has set up things to attempt to load this site even on reconnection there doesn't seem any simple way for your download to reconnect without your intervention.

ok guys, i have a solution for all your woes. my problem has gone after i disabled snmp in the modem options. if that didnt work for you all then you should probably use hotspot shield software when your connection become unstable to use the internet during the unstable period. download it from Get Behind the Shield! Hotspot Shield by AnchorFree. i was using that when my connection became unstable until i found this thread and disabled the snmp :rolleyes:

good luck all, hope this helps you all :D

Ok. I'm in Pune, I've tried everything to stop this redirect nonsense but nothing works. This is an irritation built into their network and nothing can be done at the user end. This is very similar to a phishing attack. Apparently, BSNL officers and support staff are clueless of what's going on their network, afterall they're not consumers of their own service.I've already unplugged from their network and filed a complaint a second(last) time. I'm afraid, the next time you visit a website, your browser would be hijacked and they'll send you a Nirma detergent advertisement page instead. I hope this monkey business stops soon.

I have FF 3.6.3 but don't see any option to block sites. I can block all images from sites but not entire sites.

Use adblock plus extension with FF, then select and block the required image(s). You can even block images from the whole website tree.

Bro I Got A Serious Problem Now Please Help Me Out..!!

I Have Modem Nokia Siemens C2110... n I m Having BSNL 500 Night Unlimited Plan. Well Coming To My Problem...

I Downloaded The Firmware Update From That Website... Motive.bsnl.co.in...After Updating The Firmware My Download Speed Was Reduced To 30-40Kbps.. Speed.!!
Before i Was Getting.. More Dan 215-300Kpbs..
Now Please Gimmi A Solution. Please Friends.

Post the Firmware version now.For speedsettings try tcp optimizer from speedguide.net.Use dns 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.220.220

Bro I Got A Serious Problem Now Please Help Me Out..!!

I Have Modem Nokia Siemens C2110... n I m Having BSNL 500 Night Unlimited Plan. Well Coming To My Problem...

I Downloaded The Firmware Update From That Website... Motive.bsnl.co.in...After Updating The Firmware My Download Speed Was Reduced To 30-40Kbps.. Speed.!!
Before i Was Getting.. More Dan 215-300Kpbs..
Now Please Gimmi A Solution. Please Friends.

Well, first of all a service provider is not supposed to offer any firmware at all. Secondly, before doing anything you should contact your local telephone exchange and/or customer service and make sure that the motive app or whatever else applies to you and that you should infact install it. Please, understand that large corporations like BSNL have very little co-ordination, everything is contracted and sub-contracted to an extent that BSNL doesn't know what is going on. They really are not in a position to help you, especially with value added services like broadband/internet/etc.

Now, most 'intelligent' devices have a reset button or a program that restores it's factory defaults. consult your modem/router's manual. Also, if this device is provided by your service provider, contact them before doing anything further.

Good luck.

I agree with Vinay. After I read what was on offer, I found it did not apply to me. I now have blocked the site from loading but I still cannot prevent the redirection that comes up each and every time I first click on any link when I login in or reconnect.

Back