BSNL Broadband: data.bsnl.in showing new page after logging in (Motive Hijack)

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 64,952
Hi Essbebe, thanks for the effort and sorry about the time spent. But unless one actually logs on, words aren't sufficient to describe the disaster!

Whether this is limited to the Western zone (because of the "wdc" part in the web address) isn't clear. It appears that the South and East also have new "selfcare" sites. Perhaps, with much of India's IT might located in H'bad and B'lore there may be less problems there!!!

All these problems for users on 117.xx.xx.xx and Id @ bsnl.in
I have Ip as 59.xx.xx.xx and Id @dataone.in
Absolutely no complaints about the Usage portals ( about six ) also DataFox Addon for Firefox works flawlessly. ( instantaneous fore me ! data above task bar )
2. Appears they are trying to de-centralise the usage portal, and as usual, each state/circle issues tenders for the Software and , if given to different Software companies we have to suffer the "teething troubles ".
3. The emphasis is more for the Landline telephone users and Cellphone users.
Broadband users are just added to the
self care websites.
4. Thanks for assistance in checking the portal.
Have a nice day
P.S Pune is also an important Software development center.

All these problems for users on 117.xx.xx.xx and Id @ bsnl.in
I have Ip as 59.xx.xx.xx and Id @dataone.in...

Hi, two points ....

The problem is not just with the 117.xx.xx.xx and [email protected].

For example, a person (senior citizen) has only a landline phone. No broadband. This person doesn't trust ECS. This person doesn't like standing in queues to pay bills. This person knows someone with an internet connection (me). I have been making online payments for him. Now even that can't be done at least for any Kalyan Telecom subscribers till this sdc site is working properly.

Previously, anyone with online banking and internet could pay a bill online for anyone with a BSNL phone. Now, each potential payer must get a userid and password and will be able to only pay his own bill (if and when things work properly).

The second point ...
Maybe they'll look after themselves? From a little Googling, I got the impression there are other bill payments available for Puneites.

Today, its showing my latest broadband usage in the new CDR portal. Following is the screenshot:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9672/imagejeb.jpg

The layout of checking broadband usage is pathetic. The main drawback is, we cannot differentiate between paid and free night usage, which was perfectly visible in the data.bsnl.in portal. Would we have to stick with this? The new CDR portal was supposed to be more user friendly. And they call it STATE OF THE ART portal.... :madness:

I am Still not getting any usage page when i click on my portal on the top it shows the same usage page as before but with the message "There is no content available."When will this problem will rectify.and also i am still waiting my march bill on bsnl online bill site usually it come on 8-10 of every month. this month i am still waiting for it????What BSNL peoples are doing???????????

may be but what about online bill its 22 of this month and still no bill online. every month i get my bill online before 10th.

Guys, since few days... I am finding my connection stable and not facing any auto resets. Also, I am not seeing the Motive Redirect page now a days. Hope you are also not getting the MOTIVE website now. Please confirm

I am facing auto-connection reset in Bangalore. Whenever this happens, my DSL lamp goes off and then starts blinking again for few seconds and then becomes normal.

Once the DSL and Internet lamp appears normal, I try to goto Google (or any other site). At this moment, it redirects me to BSNL,Karnataka.. website.

When I retry going to Google (or any other site), then it works normal.

The above reset is happening very abnormally and I am not able to find any solution. This is causing my downloads to break in between.

The same problem happened a month back and later after constant followup it was resolved. Now again the reset/redirect problem has started.

Is anyone facing the auto-reset and auto-redirect problem now?

I am facing auto-connection reset in Bangalore. Whenever this happens, my DSL lamp goes off and then starts blinking again for few seconds and then becomes normal.

Once the DSL and Internet lamp appears normal, I try to goto Google (or any other site). At this moment, it redirects me to BSNL,Karnataka.. website.

When I retry going to Google (or any other site), then it works normal.

The above reset is happening very abnormally and I am not able to find any solution. This is causing my downloads to break in between.

The same problem happened a month back and later after constant followup it was resolved. Now again the reset/redirect problem has started.

Is anyone facing the auto-reset and auto-redirect problem now?

If you are using IE browser select tools Internet options
and block this site.
BSNL CC says, ignore the link, which will appear when you
connect to Internet everytime, or system gets reconnected, after temp disconnection.

@essbebe... Ignoring the link is OK if it comes only when you manually connect the Internet or when you start your PC for the first time.
But my problem is that I am getting auto-reset of connection anywhere between 45 min to 1.5 hours range. This is causing disturbance to ongoing downloads.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

@essbebe... Ignoring the link is OK if it comes only when you manually connect the Internet or when you start your PC for the first time.
But my problem is that I am getting auto-reset of connection anywhere between 45 min to 1.5 hours range. This is causing disturbance to ongoing downloads.

Back