Bsnl Broadband giving 4mbps speed post fup this month as promotional offer

• Thread starter Thread starter xstarm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 46,517
so guys i am moving from tier 1 city to tier 2 city. Jammu. Now I have 2 connections there, one is of home and one is of my business there. in the shop, we have many people(employees) who use the same wifi (of bsnl connection) and i checked my bills , and bsnl and charged quite alot for additional data (i know). Now most of the time i guess it is the people who use wifi has asked for more data not me or my brother who manages the shop. how can i stop that? how can i stop the popup to come in the first place?

i am guessing to change it to 599 plan as it has 2 mbps flat speeds so i guess in that no one can ask for additional data. neither bsnl will give me popup to increase speeds.

also i called customer care and asked for plan change, they said it's 1st aug today and my plan ios 675 at shop. if i change it to 599, then both rentals will apply, that is 599 + 675 , is that true ??? what the hell!!! they said to change it on last date of month not the first. can someone confirm? i will be making changes through self portal.

also how is pings to say, canada gameloft servers? i will be gaming on my home connection , i am not expecting much from bsnl , also i do gaming on ps4 too, will that work? like say fifa 17??

one more things guys , i checked my shop account on bsnl website portal and it is listing 2 plans for my no. one is one india_old plan and other is 675 combo. now CC said that one india_old is 149 plan. my dad me and brother have no need to use this plan and i am guessing my dad got this plan activated many years ago when we didn't even had broadband. so can i remove this plan? as my 675 combo plan covers landline anyways, all we care is of incoming calls on landine nothing else.

fun fact : asked bsnl cc for 599 plan he said there is no plan like that, and i told him to go to bsnl.co.in(their own website) and he said he doesn't have access to that website lol

So much for "fair usage policies". They were easily able to sustain their full userbase on 4meg or above lines (I consumed almost a terabyte worth of data at 16meg) without having to run into network congestion (duh, to the surprise of absolutely nobody), which has been their primary justification for enforcing a FUP since day 1.

Do you think this would be a good context for holding them to account?

@Sushubh

hum to door hai ab bandwidth ko politics se. bsnl does not care about profits. as long as they have people of this country to bail them out, i do not care about what they do or don't do for their customers.

so guys i am moving from tier 1 city to tier 2 city. Jammu. Now I have 2 connections there, one is of home and one is of my business there. in the shop, we have many people(employees) who use the same wifi (of bsnl connection) and i checked my bills , and bsnl and charged quite alot for additional data (i know). Now most of the time i guess it is the people who use wifi has asked for more data not me or my brother who manages the shop. how can i stop that? how can i stop the popup to come in the first place?

i am guessing to change it to 599 plan as it has 2 mbps flat speeds so i guess in that no one can ask for additional data. neither bsnl will give me popup to increase speeds.

also i called customer care and asked for plan change, they said it's 1st aug today and my plan ios 675 at shop. if i change it to 599, then both rentals will apply, that is 599 + 675 , is that true ??? what the hell!!! they said to change it on last date of month not the first. can someone confirm? i will be making changes through self portal.

also how is pings to say, canada gameloft servers? i will be gaming on my home connection , i am not expecting much from bsnl , also i do gaming on ps4 too, will that work? like say fifa 17??

you can change plan at any time of the month ! rentals will be charged pro rata !

i believe the only limit is one plan change in one billing cycle.

one more things guys , i checked my shop account on bsnl website portal and it is listing 2 plans for my no. one is one india_old plan and other is 675 combo. now CC said that one india_old is 149 plan. my dad me and brother have no need to use this plan and i am guessing my dad got this plan activated many years ago when we didn't even had broadband. so can i remove this plan? as my 675 combo plan covers landline anyways, all we care is of incoming calls on landine nothing else.

fun fact : asked bsnl cc for 599 plan he said there is no plan like that, and i told him to go to bsnl.co.in(their own website) and he said he doesn't have access to that website lol

don't you already know that bsnl cc is dumb. change the plan on self-care or submit a written application at their main office.

i have personally given up on big players. excitel worked for a few months. would be testing den boomband this month. next hathway and then tripleplay :P and probably would end up airtel for their stability.

already done, bt i also did submit for email change on portal but they didn't change frm last 1 month lol so nt sure if they will change plan, let's hope so.

Back