BSNL Broadband: Modem restarting every few minutes!

• Thread starter Thread starter Outlander
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 63,143
my adsl link frequently goes down every 2-3 mins. i have complaint many times not getting any response. my snr margin is very less it is around 5-6 dB downstream and 12-13dB upstream. My phone also gives some crackling sounds but I am not able to resolve the issue. Please help me

thats the problem wid ur phone line(the cable)..was having that problem about 4 days back..contacted support ..replaced wires..now no crackling sound but ..sumtimes i lose link ..only sumtimes

go to adsl settings remove check from all except G.DMT
It will make your link more stable
your line is syncing at 9451 that too high if you are not a iptv subscriber it should be 2048 kbps that is why your SNR is too low
dont complain on phoneline complain through their website Click on this link to register complaint

HI all,
Having a peculiar issue with BSNL for last 1 week. i am using a compaq a902 Notebook and wa1003a wireless modem from BSNL. Previously it was working fine. But now the wireless connection is dropping pretty frequently . Restart of the modem is restoring the connection. And some websites are not opening at all. need to restart the system and check. Is it a problem with the modem or it is an issue with the wireless card of the notebook ... Please help.......:(

Hi,The settings have been changed. and the modem has been repositioned. The problem is that the even after that the line is dropping. some sites are not opening though the sites are up and running. its a peculiar problem and really a frustating one .:cry:

Hi,I have found a workaround with this problem. Once the signal is dropping once we are restarting the Modem the problem goes away. Neways still in one hr the signal drops 2-3 times, though restart is actually resolving the problem.ne suggestion. wht could be the reason. Is it the issue with the Modem or BSNL Line. please suggest:huh:

bsnl getting disconnect every 2 or 5 minutes this is totally bad with me help me help me

Post your SNR and attenuation values.

its a type of malware Scan with Kaspersky Internet Security & Spybot - Search & Destroy:dance:

Back