BSNL Broadband: Modem restarting every few minutes!

• Thread starter Thread starter Outlander
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 63,143
DO nothing. It automatically resolves in a week or with in three weeks from the start date of your connection. It takes some time for the servers to get in sync with your ADSL lines.If even after three weeks you get the same issue then consult the BSNL office by calling them on toll free number 1500.

my internet is disconnecting atomatically like after every 2 minuter or 1 minute how to solve this this is a tough job?

After 66 posts ( and one year in this forum) , if this is your query, response will be of a general nature.give more details. Example : If I consult a doctor and complain of"Headache " :Are you having this"symptom" from the beginning?Have you done any changes to your life style ?What remedies you tried?Ayuurveda/siddha/unani or allopathy ? Prone to any allergy ?Can I refer to Lab for further tests? ?Any Family History of "Headache '?Does it appear in the morning/afternoon or night /?etc etc > !!!!!! Same way :Was this disconnection problem sudden ?What is the modem make and model ?Did you try any solutions?Do you have user manual for this modem ? or do you have the installation CD ? etcCheck the setup;Phone LINE ==>>> RJ11 to Adsl splitter # LINE portAdsl splitter #Phone Port :===Rj11 to ALL phonesAdsl splitter #modem port ===Rj11 to modemCheck ADSL data in modem and report SNR/Attn/mod selected info.

ensure that all your telephones are connected after the splitter.. disconnect all telephones temporarily and then check if you are getting disconnected frequently or not..

Hi I am from Kolkata and I am also facing a same kind of problem from the very first day i hooked up with BSNL.Infact my problem is a bit weard.Most of the time my modem's(type I) link goes of as a result of disconnection.This happens every five minutes.But Sometimes I can stay connected for a span of 12-15 hrs at a strech.No disconnection.I recently made several complains to the BSNL exchange and they fixed up the line.They said that the port was defective.I enjoyed the service for a couple of days and again the problem started.I went to the xchange again and literally threatened them.They checked my line and said everything is fine.There is no problem with the line and the port.I also tried connecting the net by taking off the cable from the phone's end but that din't helped as well.Currently i am with UL500(256kbps) and i connect my modem with LAN of my laptop.Can anyone give me some suggestion on this.........................thanx

Most of the time my modem's(type I) link goes of ......

Mention the model/make.
Select from this list.
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU

Check ADSL data showing SNR/Attn/Mod Mode selected etc.
see example/sample page.
http://i21.tinypic.com/2njdq49.jpg

Para twO:
Please go to you USERCP page.
Select Settings & options
Edit options
Go down to end of page
Select:
Standard Editor extra formating controls
Save settings.
Message will be properly formatted.
Thanks.

UL500?? I dont think there exists such a plan..

In kolkata it's 500UL rather 750UL(since dec'08).
Kolkatans are lucky:thumbsup:

Back