BSNL Broadband night unlimited solution

@m3dz - Maybe syncing your PC clock to IST will help. Reboot a little later than 2am, like 2:03, when you are in free time already. I guess you rebooted earlier than free time and downloaded stuff in that. Anyways, I too had issues when I used always ON, I advice considering switching to Bridging.

Thanks 4 ur post, could u plz tell how to enable bridging mode i mean the steps.

What your modem model ? Anyways, u can find threads in the forum for that which explain in great way. On a rough description, for my UT300R2U, this works -> Type 192.168.1.1 in browser address bar and press enter.> The username and password asked is admin.> Click on advanced setup, on left side pane.> Click on WAN> click on edit on the top most profile. A window opens ATM PVC Configuration , click next.> A new window appears Connection Type, select Bridging. And click next.> Click NEXT for next window. Save and reboot modem.This puts your modem in bridging.>

New version, bugs fixed.

Auto-connect Download scheduler PC-Gyaan

> Fixed the security issue with wakeup password prompt, which is now disabled till Auto-connect schedule is running and is enabled back when schedule is finished or cancelled.

> Data entered in fields is stored now, so that you dont have to enter it again and again.

> Now no need to manually change power settings in Windows 7, auto-connect does that itself.

PS : Auto-connect now runs with admin privileges, hence in Windows 7 , change the settings not to prompt permission for Auto-connect again and again.

very useful software.It would be better if u add these options:

1.Add option to "enter the date and time when your pc should turn on" once,daily(to repeat task without manually changing date).

2.Connection redial(10-15 times) and Connection ON monitoring(between specified time for e.g. 2:00 to 8:00 )

3.Wake up monitoring(between specified time for e.g. 2:00 to 8:00 ).i suggest this option because when electricity goes off computer hibernates then it wouldn't wake up automatically when electricity resumes or electricity resumes after 2:00am.

4.Increase the no. of scheduled application from 1 to 3(individual start time).

5. 30 sec Warning before shut down(very important).

thnx.

@ Vip - Thanks for suggestions Vip ... I'll consider implementing your suggestions after a thought. But I must remind that the suggestion 3 isn't practical . When power fails, system shuts down. Auto-connect wakes system from sleep, not from power off state. Thus, this isnt possible.

I am changing the scripting language of Auto-connect. Hence, the next version may come up little late. Also, I am busy with a few personal tasks too... So, a little patience is requested.

no problemo.....just add a scheduler to ur application ad it will manage all above requested features.

@iSLaND - Click on start ... click on run .. There type telnet 192.168.1.1once telnet opens, log into the modem using default user name and password. ( What are they for you? Let me know)once you get logged in, type "help" there. A list of commands that work is displayed. Copy them and paste in reply. I can then let you know what works for u or make a new one.

Back