BSNL Broadband seems to have blocked SSH Port 22 on their network

Now i can access port 22, I am from Kerala (Trivandrum).
They unblocked it :angel:
Although i don't understand why they told me to bring the the modem to their bsnl exchange x'D

I used to ssh to my vms launched on openstack cloud from pune(non bsnl network), today I am at jaipur and I tried to ssh(with bsnl broadband connection) and it failed. Initially I thought there is some issue with my vms, but later realized vms are ok and tried ssh with my mobile connection (idea) and it was successful

Hope This issue is temporary and bsnl is working on it.

Here in Pune, on 1st Aug SSH port was not working. They unblocked on 3rd Aug. I could use SSH port 22 then. Now today again I checked and it is not working now. It is blocked again. What is happening? BSNL is going on and off. This is pathetic.

Still not working in Pune. Port 22 blocked since yesterday afternoon. (Aug 4, 2017)

That's sad to know. I haven't got my port 22 working (in Tamilnadu) since August 1, 2017. I will let everyone know when it is accessible. For now, I use an intermediate server and ProxyCommand to connect to other servers.

This can not be an excuse to block traffic , they have blocked it in Goa , saturday purposefully i guess , i think its time we take actions

"Few years ago, BSNL was regarded as a biggest spammer in the country, and with a robust Cybersecurity mechanism in place, we are not even among top 20 spammers list today, Shrivastava added."

Quite sure , its because spammers on BSNL network realised that this is a crappy network and moved on to better network , i doubt it was because of the actions taken by BSNL , if you are going to spend 100 crore on security , and then your decision is blocking ssh port, may be you are just doing it wrong

Back