BSNL Broadband Without Landline?

what you asking is called naked dsl. no such thing in bsnl or even airtel. only reliance offers it.

TIL. I have naked DSL.

BSNL has made their plans in such a way that the user has to pay minimum 700 pm, with or without landline.
If you opt for the 550 BB plan then monthly rental is applicable.
If combo plan, the rental is already "factored" in the price, either way they get you for the same amount. :p

I think you can keep 550 bb plan without paying rental, u can ask BSNL that you will not need it and activate as zero rental, I am not sure if this works in copper wire but one my friend have FTTH and he is not paying for landline as his plan showing Landline facility and free calling and rest as per landline plan so he didn't adopt landline and paying for BB only, maybe you can try this as well with BSNL, otherwise if you have FTTH in your area switch to that :)

Writing a final post to wrap stuff up.

I was not sure my BSNL line had been disconnected (if billing had stopped) but I see that my number has disappeared from the older selfcare portal from April 1. So I am officially off BSNL's books :party:.

I find my joining date here as Dec 27 2007 .. that was when BSNL gave me Dataone connection and but did not help me set up the modem. I probably needed to log in here to find help.

All of you have been great friends. I will be visiting the forum but not be a part of BSNL discussions anymore.

A great weight has been lifted off my shoulders by no longer being a BSNL customer. I will no longer have to worry about Rs 9,000 error bills and run to AOTR for rectification (and miss work for 2 days) or run after inept linemen or plead with people in some place called "DE External office" !!!

At the moment I am using Wishnet (a LAN based ISP in Calcutta; along with Alliance, Wishnet has made great strides in recent years). I have had Wishnet as standby connection for many years. I am waiting for RJio launch. If in meantime Wishnet fails will take a Airtel broadband connection. But till now for last 9 years my cable guy has given great service in providing me with broadband.

For Rs 650 (incl tax) Wishnet is giving me 2 Mbps (12 AM - 12 PM), 1 Mbps (12 PM - 12 AM), 6 Mbps peering speed (quite wasted on me since I do not download anything), no FUP. Alliance is slightly cheaper but it is best to stick with cable wallahs one knows.

Thanks to all of you :)

Last edited:

Back