BSNL Connection not working on DHCP Server settings

justwildlife

ISP
BSNL
HiI've BSNL Broadband connection for past 4 years and quite satisfied.The ADSL Modem supplied by them is SmartAX MT882.The problems I'm facing are as below :1. This modem is not allowing me to select DHCP Connection in Modem Configuration and even BSNL Technician tried DHCP Connectivity in another Modem of different brand and model but he also failed to do so. Kidly advise me the solution. Is it related to some configuration at BSNL Server or Modem does not support ?2. For past few months, another problem, I'm facing is that the ADSL Link automatically goes down frequently causing loss of data being downloaded witrh corruption of files. Why it is happening ?I look forward to some quick resolution.

1. Post your SNR and Attenuation values.2. Presume yours is a non WiFi modem. Take a backup of current settings and reset the modem. Reconfigure it and check. Do it only if you know what you are doing.3. If DHCP not working in both modems, means some trouble in the line. Try talking to the SDE and check.4. May be it is time for you to change the modem. Check using a friend's modem at your place. If splitter, ethernet cable are working fine, you may not get link failure.5. Use a spare splitter, ethernet cable and confirm the current ones are not faulty.

@MeetdilipHere is the Modem Summary Info :Model Name MT882 Firmware Version V200R001C01B021SP03 Jun 20 2005 ADSL Line Status ADSL State Show Time Data Path Interleave DSP Version D.57.2.17 Operation Mode ADSL2 Output Power 12.1 dB Upstream DownStream ADSL Link Speed 861 Kbps ADSL Link Speed 10129 Kbps Previous Tx-Rate 0 Kbps Previous Rx-Rate 0 Kbps SNR 10.1 dB SNR 5.5 dB CRC 0 CRC 0 Attenuation 9.5 dB Attenuation 17.5 dB FEC 0 FEC 0 HEC(ATM Layer) 0 HEC(ATM Layer) 0 WAN Channel PVC VPI/VCI IP Address Gateway Subnet Wan Type Status Note PVC0 0 / 35 59.92.199.234 59.92.192.1 255.0.0.0 PPPoE PVC1 8 / 35 --- --- --- Pure Bridged --- PVC2 0 / 100 --- --- --- Pure Bridged --- PVC3 0 / 32 --- --- --- Pure Bridged --- PVC4 8 / 81 --- --- --- Pure Bridged --- PVC5 8 / 32 --- --- --- Pure Bridged --- PVC6 14 / 24 --- --- --- Pure Bridged --- LAN Channel MAC Address IP Address Subnet Mask Speed Duplex Status 00:0F:A3:3E:A7:2D 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 100BT Full USB-LAN Channel MAC Address IP Address Subnet Mask Speed Duplex Status --- --- --- --- --- This is a non-wifi Model and I've already tried this modem at friends place and there it is working with DHCP settings but at my place it is not working.I've already changed Splitter and Ethernet Cable but of no use.

Hi I've BSNL Broadband connection for past 4 years and quite satisfied. The ADSL Modem supplied by them is SmartAX MT882. The problems I'm facing are as below : 1. This modem is not allowing me to select DHCP Connection in Modem Configuration and even BSNL Technician tried DHCP Connectivity in another Modem of different brand and model but he also failed to do so. Kidly advise me the solution. Is it related to some configuration at BSNL Server or Modem does not support ? 2. For past few months, another problem, I'm facing is that the ADSL Link automatically goes down frequently causing loss of data being downloaded witrh corruption of files. Why it is happening ? I look forward to some quick resolution.
How many systems you want to connect ? laptops desktops etc / Are you referring to this menu page ? Upload Summary page at tinypic.com and give the link here.

Here are the MT882 screenshot related to Configuration :

DHCP Server Configuration :

If I enable this then Internet stop working and my system throws an error No Network or Limited Network.

and If I disable it again, then Internet starts working.

As of now only one system is connected but in near future I'll connect my Laptop and my daughter's Desktop as well.

Back