• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 35,194
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI
kreper, sivasubramaniam
How much do you download maximum in a day if you keep it on throughout 24 hours?
Will the modem crack with heat?

arunkris said:
HIkreper, sivasubramaniamHow much do you download maximum in a day if you keep it on throughout 24 hours?Will the modem crack with heat?
Initially i felt the modem was disconnecting often due to heat.Since signals used to keep fluctuating between 3 and 4 bars.As of now,I occasionally turn the fan on specially for the modem,and it always remains moderately warm.Except for diconnections every 2 Gb i dont have any issues,While using bsnl connection manager i was facing issues,Now i just dial up directly without using the soft..dont know if that could be a reason.And downloading 24 hours could mean a different thing,because i dont seem to get the same speeds all the time..And yes,on could download 10-16gigs maybe? Assuming an average speed of 1.5-1.6mbps.I downloaded 15 gig this wednesday.But speeds are highly variable and inconsistent.My first two weeks with evdo i got max speeds upto 1.6-1.7 mbps ocassionally and mosy other times it used be bewteen 800kbps and 1 mbps.Last week from sunday it has been beetween 1.7+mbps for atleast half the day and i was able to download loads and loads.Now since saturday night its back to old times,not stable keeps fluctuating between 500kbps-1.2mbps :( Fingers crossed.hope i get speed like last week. :(

pk sing said:
@iSaurabhSri...[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]hi! can we use normal cdma sim as evdo or hv to purchase a seprate one.[/color]
you have to activate Evdo service in that cim card..

KrePer^^ said:
i can dowload 7-8 gb game in a night 11-7 and with speed at night 11 150KBPS and morn 240KBPS
I feel this isnt true everywhere everytime.Sometimes i get 250-300kbps full day.Sometimes on weekend even after late night i get 1mbps max.Nothing is fixed.nothing is reliable.I have downloaded 16 gb in one day as well as struggled to download 3gb the other day..This is wireless technology :wacko::wacko: A lot depends even on how the dongle is place,in which direction,quality of usb extention cable,environment and disturbances.But on an average we can say 150-180kbps can be acheuved..

KrePer^^ said:
yeah i use advance dialer which autoconnects if line dropped and so i can download whole with sum sleep.
What is that advance dialer ?? can u pls elaborate. My connection also drops at regular interval(approx every 15 min) I have to plug out my modem then re connect :(

technofreak455 said:
Can we use BSNL EVDO while roaming in other states?
In which all states BSNL EVDO services are available?
yes you can roam around India except Delhi and Mumbai due to non coverage of BSNL service. EVDO services depends upon availability but 1x is available all India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back