BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you help me configuring it

if u are using win vista , then u should by now have a new connection in the name of bsnl
which gets created auto when u use the modem dialer program

which modem u are using ?

1.create a new connection from network manager
2. select the device from the options
3. fill in the user id and password
4. check the option to save the user id and password
5. in options de select everything
6. select re dial options , u are done

hi, i'm going to buy evdo bsnl within next week after diwali. have few questions please clear..
1. what will be total cost? bsnl providing modem with 20% discount till december. and then how much bill i will get every month? what about going prepaid?
2. is bsnl giving 20% discount on bill for govt. employs with evdo too?
3. i want to share my connection with my mobile having wifi. what should i do to make connection always on? means i don't want to on my pc just on router and surf on mobile.
i'm thinking about this router https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-mr3020-portable-3g-3-75g-wireless-n-router/p/itmd8fsebcjkr94y
will it work.
i mean suppose i'm travelling with this router, my evdo usb modem and my phone (wifi enabled) will i connect with internet? from where will i establish connection i mean dial it like mwe dial in computer.

i'm sorry bro, don't have any knowledge about all this. never even seen any router in my life and never have any hand in networking.
please help me.

and suppose i buy a modem of 7.2 mbps or up will my speed increase?
like i brought umg 1831 supporting 21 mbps, and when my friend brought reliance connection he was surfing on 7.2 mbps modem and getting maximum speed of 5 mbps but when i connected with my umg 1831 its speed boosted up-to 16 mbps. so is there any effect with modem? what is the maximum speed BSNL provides over evdo network?

1. USB modem cost is Rs 1199 , the 20 % discount is for 3G modem i think 2. monthly bill will be 750 , u will get discount for the govt employees on post paid , for prepaid its 825 PM Unlimited -about sharing ur connection over wifi , u can do it in laptop thru laptop wifi , but dont have any idea about sharing over router -the modem u have mentioned is GSM , the evdo connection is CDMA they are different - i wont recommend u evdo if u want to use in on the go . u need to check u area reception for the connection before u can do anything , read the first post in this thread

what will be monthly bill in postpaid included all type of taxes? and 20% discount is for evdo too

and i'm sorry mistakenly mentioned wrong modem, its TP LINK TL-MR3020 Portable 3G/3.75G Wireless N Router | Router | Flipkart.com and it support evdo cdma too.
i dont have a laptop. have desktop and Nokia n79 so want to use internet on nokia divice without log on into pc.

and i dont want it for travelling, what i was thinking that as i have desktop so if i go somewhere (evdo enabled location) will i be able to get internet via this router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back