BSNL FTTH Service

ISP
BSNL
Hi All,

I am planning to opt for BSNL FTTH from BSNL LL/Broadband Copper cable connection. I could foresee that there are lots of confusion with the CPE they provide and the charges present. I could read from their brochure that they charge 11,999 for ONT Configuration A Type. Before investing this huge amount of money, could the existing BSNL FTTH users throw some light about the service they are providing. Like the resolution they provide, their ability to resolve/ attend issues sincerely. Or is it worth opting for this FTTH service....
I have a very worst experience with the present BSNL LL/BB connection. The resolution/service provided by them is not up to the mark even though my location is at the center of the heart of Bengaluru i.e 560002 and hardly a KM from Telephone exchange. My humble request for the existing BSNL FTTH users to provide your valuable suggestions. Even the corporate twitter hand of BSNL is not effective.

Thanks,

The ONT -A Type configuration thing is given wrong in the Website . It is not 11k .

It is somewhere around 90 Rupees/month if you rent it from BSNL on a monthly basis(Direct connection from BSNL)

BSNL also has a LCO(Local Cable operator) model wherein connection is seen by a third party person . He will sell the modem instead of renting it to you. That will cost around 2K-3K depending on the LCO and brand of modem

Thanks, @shashankb . So the BSNL will provide the router with monthly rent. I saw a pile of Alphion AONT-100C 2.5G/1.25G GPON ONT at BSNL exchange that was dumped. I guess it only supports wired connection. It doesn't support wifi rite. Also, they are saying that I can keep my LL number and for tht only they will provide FTTH.
If I have to buy from LCO, then its again adding up electronic garbage as already have Nokia Siemens Router, Router without wifi, DSL 2750 U currently in use. Uff!!! If the LCO provided router supports wifi then I think its worth else I have to better prefer BSNL rented one.
I don't know how much does it favor me being a "Loyal" customer for BSNL.

In the meanwhile, which modem/ONT did they provide.

Back