BSNL launches FTTH service

• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,734
do u think, lying fibre is cheap, n, if in return no body took these plan, how the money be returned? I think, bsnl will now go to bankcruppppppppppp

BSNL doesn't understand the market. That 2Mbps UL plan should be somewhere between Rs.500-1000.

Not Possible with FTTH. 500-1000?? do u think bandwidth is that cheap?? These guys get a 1 Mbps line for some RS 650 if they buy in Bulk (STM-16) or So and apply contention ratio's on it.
Even though the fibre costs less, It will cost the customer around RS 2000-2500 For a 2mbps Truly unlimited With Always on Connectivity but i am confusion whats wrong wid BSNL the same is being offered for RS 3999.

The rates are really pathetic. Who will take this 'residential' plans?

i think this plan is for corporate ....

I changed my mind - *up to* 1Gbit/s should be available on data plans from day 1 (it's impossible to guarantee that kind of bandwidth, mostly because the servers at the other end don't handle it, nor do most people's gigabit network cards).

Also, flat-rate 1gbit/s is to be available to businesses from day-1... as for residentials, I would anticipate that some time around our 1st birthday, probably all the plans would be automatically upgraded to the next tier with the same anticipated usage and all that & the 5mbit/s plan would be dropped. The top tier would then become 1gbit/s at 9999 or whatever we decide at that time.

All I can say is this, whatever speed you end up getting on the live network, the issue of limited bandwidth should be removed, and speeds subject only to network conditions at the time.

Also, your math is a little flawed - 4TB @ Rs3/GB would *cost* us Rs12k - we're supposed to be making a profit here, so anticipated usage of 4TB would probably result in a price of somewhere around Rs17k including tax. Rs9k would probably mean we anticipate about 2TB (that's a best guess - I would have to consult my spreadsheets with those numbers to give a more accurate figure).

Mg promises to bring 1gbit/s Speeds @ 17k unlimited(4TB) and BSNL is charging 83k for 100mbps?? WTF?? I am being fooled by either one of them!

Mg promises to bring 1gbit/s Speeds @ 17k unlimited(4TB) and BSNL is charging 83k for 100mbps?? WTF?? I am being fooled by either one of them!

BSNL is assuming the every possible amount of data that could be transferred via such high speed line as if its was to run 24X7 for whole month. While MG is taking practical approach i.e. a residential customer won't be having so much of space first of all, secondly if he downloads & deletes, then there is another resitrictions like very few http download sites offer a 100 mbps download link to a single user forget about Gigabit server which are negligible. Same is for torrents as u won't easily find people seeding @ 1 gbps taken even cumulativley. So even on a 1 gbps connection the real world speeds will be much lower most of times as u need the high load servers providing downlink for that sort of speed to every downloader.

thats the reason Mg's plan would have a certain anticipated fair limits later some action while BSNL people will sleep after you pay the a check of 83k+8.3k(taxes) !

still that lowermost price is still unreachable.. we need UL of 1MBPS for below 1000 Rs ...

BSNL is assuming the every possible amount of data that could be transferred via such high speed line as if its was to run 24X7 for whole month. While MG is taking practical approach i.e. a residential customer won't be having so much of space first of all, secondly if he downloads & deletes, then there is another resitrictions like very few http download sites offer a 100 mbps download link to a single user forget about Gigabit server which are negligible. Same is for torrents as u won't easily find people seeding @ 1 gbps taken even cumulativley. So even on a 1 gbps connection the real world speeds will be much lower most of times as u need the high load servers providing downlink for that sort of speed to every downloader.

thats the reason Mg's plan would have a certain anticipated fair limits later some action while BSNL people will sleep after you pay the a check of 83k+8.3k(taxes) !
ya what u said is right, but it is awesome plan for RESIDENTIAL users where u can get such speeds for lesser prices!

still that lowermost price is still unreachable.. we need UL of 1MBPS for below 1000 Rs ...

Yep the price for 1mbps Truly unlimited should be less than 900-1000 Bucks. Even though few players offer 1mbps for 850 through Fibre but the fair usage is implied and speed is decreased to half of the speeds:(

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

i think this plan is for corporate ....

Might be i dont see RESIDENTIAL user shows interest in this.

LOL its really sad.... they are launching this in BIHAR ... i mean i am not being a hypocrite but stilll..... thats the best they found to launch it ? and 2mbps ... ? for 4000... ? with bsnl track record even their optic fibre connections will have shit routing at least mtnl provides that at half the rates and has really good routing through delhi and even to bombay servers...

Thats what I would call a truly decent and sensible unlimited plan. That speed is the minimum required for stable youtube stream at 36op. And I'm pretty sure most people would stop complaining if such a plan would be introduced, same holds true for all platforms.

Back